Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Anyone seen a jailbroken iphone with no App Store icon? I'm not sure how my friend was able to get it in this state, but in iTunes on her computer the apps options are greyed out and unclickable too. Everything else appears to work fine, it's a 4 on iOS 4.1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

glompix posted:

There are lots of Cydia apps that can hide icons willfully. Did she accidentally hit a slider in the sbsettings "hide icons" menu?

Edit: nm, it's early and I think you mean something weirder, like it doesn't even exist on the phone.

Turns out it was even simpler, App Store disabled in restrictions.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

nene. posted:

Nope it's gone, iTunes seems to only keep like 2 backups, and I had it automatically syncing(including a backup) every time I plugged in the phone because it hadn't mattered before. I think I lost all the photos on the phone but I'm jailbroken now~

It happened to me too, nene. I thought I had it set to not automatically sync but I think an iTunes update changed it.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Mywi 5.5 used to work on iOS 6 until Mywi 6 came out, right? Is this a straight gouge to get the extra $5?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
I was using mywi to use my iPad as a USB adapter to receive wifi on my pc, is there a cheap or free app for that?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Xenomorph posted:

If you could, contact the developer (Intelliborn) and let him know MyWi kills Bluetooth for you, as well.

Maybe with enough people reporting it, it will be fixed.

I would just ditch mywi if I could find a replacement for wifi->USB->pc tethering. This whole update thing is really shady.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

~Coxy posted:

Overcast 3 came out with a total redesign.
It mostly looks fine, but I was wondering. Is there some method to backup the current version of Overcast 2.x that I have on my phone, so that I can revert to it if the new version has something dumb in it and I want to roll back?

Version 3 is fine

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Stockwell posted:

Apparently whoever develops BarMagnet (torrent remote) doesn't actually want anyone to use their app since there's no repo or ipa to download so you have to build it yourself with a Mac/xCode to get the latest version, which I don't have. Anyone willing to build it and throw the ipa up somewhere, unless you know of an alternative app that works with Deluge?

Just use something with a web interface?

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Jailbreaking is not worth it for 99.99% of people in 2017

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Nothing like pure, fresh iOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

bobfather posted:

I dunno man. From what I'm reading iOS 11 is a flaming pile of (bug-ridden) trash. It probably won't be worth it until 11.1 drops, which is (not coincidentally) when most jailbreak groups decide to drop jailbreaks.

Only problem is there aren't really any practicing jailbreak groups anymore!

It's fine

• Locked thread