Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!
Finally! If the iPhone made my life easier, jailbreaking it makes it much more easier!
Lockinfo is awesome, I bought a license yesterday. I have clock and weather on my lock screen, as well as my next 3 meetings and appointments.
Need a flashlight? I just shake my phone!
I don't have to double press the home button to get the camera button on the lockscreen, its always there now, AND it doesn't take me to the regular camera, it takes me to Camera+ which is the best camera app there is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
Is winterboard safe to install?? I installed a bunch of stuff including winterboard and after rebooting my phone all apps opened at 1/4 the regular size on an iphone 4 (most probably a retina display related issue) and where unusable unless I was on Safe Mode. I restored and rejailbroke it.
I suspect this was caused by winterboard since it deals with graphics but I'm unsure. Anyone got a similar experience who can help me out please?

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007

xie posted:

Has anyone used IntelliScreenX or something similar?

Since my phone is a work phone its most useful features are displaying things like calendar events and the default iCal lockscreen leaves much to be desired.

I'm using Lockinfo for exactly this. I have ~42 meetings per day, and I keep track of my next meetings right on my lockscreen. It shows me the subject, time and place. It's awesome!

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I'm just generally interested in what you do for a living

Oops, sorry to disappoint, that was just a super exaggeration. I have like 6 or 7 meetings a day. Office worker, that's all, project management and process coordination.

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007

Phanatic posted:

iPod Touch 4g, Firmware version 4.3.3. Went to jailbreakme.com, jailbreaking the thing was quick and painless. Have Cydia sitting there on the iPod, everything looks like it's working well.

The reason I jailbroke the thing is that when I plug the iPod into my cigarette-lighter-mounted dock in my car, the font for the artist/song/album is too damned small to read. So I want to enlarge that font. I don't care about changing it to a different font, I don't care about any of the other fonts in any other application; I don't mind having the ability to mess with them as well, but it's not a requirement. But I absolutely need an app or extension that will let me enlarge that particular font in that particular location.

Can anyone recommend something that will let me do this?

I had this same problem and found a sort of solution. I bought CarTunes which is an awesome music app to use while driving, since it has bigger (not super big, but bigger than the default music app) fonts, and used Activator to launch a menu asking me if I want to launch CarTunes or Instacat every time I connect my phone to a power source. It's been a fantastic solution for me, it's perfect. See if this works for you.

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
I have no idea what I'm doing and I need help please. I will try to give you the main points as to make my situation as clear as I can.

I had a 3GS iPhone (old bootrom), iOS 5.0.1 with iPad Baseband 6.15.00 so I could jailbreak and unlock. I had an unthetered jailbreak and was able to use a local SIM card outside of the US.

I sold this phone to a kid who promptly updated it in iTunes, making a whole mess. It's not jailbroken anymore, and it hast iOS 5.1.

I've been trying for hours to restore it to its former glory, but with no luck so far.

How can I get back to iOS 5.0.1, and baseband 6.15.00 so I can use ultrasn0w to unlock it again?
I'm getting so frustrated and I'm about to throw this thing away and punch a kid on the face ;_;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007

randyest posted:

iFaith can downgrade a 5.1 3gs to 5.0.1 but I don't know about the baseband part.

But why is it your problem? You sold him the phone and then he hosed it up on his own. Let him deal with it.

Oh crap! Thanks you are right! I just blatantly told them I couldn't do it and they told me they would find someone that provides that service.

I LOVE to stress the poo poo out of myself. It's like an obsession! Thanks a lot brain!

• Locked thread