Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together -- mass hysteria.

flyboi posted:

So I got a bit of insight off github working with them and fixed notification sounds/vibration on mobilenotifier so they now work just as they should based off your phone settings!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndlrjs2sxw3d1br

edit: https://github.com/sammargh/MobileNotifier/commit/42c91f3115f4a5eab461abddcc54565372249526 and https://github.com/sammargh/MobileNotifier/commit/b488d3ef5d6e6408d1b1837fc1baae2ec7aba377#diff-0 commit for those that care

editx2: just committed to the master repo so fix will be in place for beta 6

I'm fairly new to jailbreaking and just installed MobileNotifier today, and this problem was bugging the poo poo out of me. How do I go about getting your code onto my phone? Do I have to add it as a source on Cydia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

Reporting this from the iPhone thread.

Having a weird issue with iOS. Occasionally, when closing an app to go to another app or to the home screen, I'll briefly catch a glimpse of an iAd at the top of the screen. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it's not specific to any app being closed. It even happens in the official Apple apps. It's bugging the shut out of me and making me paranoid about subliminal advertising. Not really.

I've tried respringing and restarting the phone, but it persists. I am jailbroken, which is the only explanation I can come up with. Any ideas or solutions?

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

adm posted:

Anyone else seen the flicker of an iAd (or some sort of top bar ad) really fast when opening applications? It seems to appear for a split second at the top of my display when opening any application- jb, native apple or otherwise.

I used to get this. I don't think I ever really found a solution. I tried killing processes through SBSettings, but I eventually restored my phone and am not jailbroken anymore.

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

Has anyone else had this problem? Inside folders, badge icons for icons on the top row seem to get cut off. I just updated to 5.1.1 last night and re-jailbroke. I thought Infinifolder might be causing this but I can't imagine why.

Help?

Venkmanologist fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 15, 2012

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

1997 posted:

The last time that happened to me, I think it was Folder Enhancer or something (definitely a folder tweak). Did you re-install that after you jail broke again?

Yeah, and it didn't fix. The only other thing I can think of was that I ran 'Shrink' for a while on the 5.0.1 jailbreak. But I'm pretty sure I disabled that tweak before updating and backing up.

edit: Uninstalling Infinifolder fixed it. Thats a bummer. I guess I could keep it installed and just use Shrink to make the icon badge smaller for the time being.

Venkmanologist fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 15, 2012

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

Is there a tweak I can install that allows me to access iPhone settings from Notification Center so I can use Poof to hide the 'Settings' icon from the springboard? I'm trying to reduce clutter and better manage how I access the parts of my phone.

I'm currently using NCSettings for all my toggle needs but there is no toggle for the iPhone settings preferences app.

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

I'm not exactly sure if this would work so I thought I would ask.

I just got a refurb 16GB iPad 3 today and it is running iOS 5.1. According to this page, I need to be running 5.1.1 to jailbreak it. I'm downloading the 5.1.1 ipsw from a site currently.

Will I be able to force this thing to update to the 5.1.1 ispw without it going to 6.0?

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

mewse posted:

Use TinyUmbrella to see which versions are still being signed. If they aren't signing 5.1.1 for ipad 3 then you are basically hooped

Balls. It doesn't look like it.

Since thats the case, I might as well update to 6.0? There isn't any hope of a jailbreak ever coming for 5.1, right?

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

mewse posted:

I think that site you linked is probably wrong and it should be possible to jailbreak 5.1 with redsn0w.

Downloaded redsn0w. It recognizes my iPad but the 'jailbreak' button is grayed out. Also the wikipedia entry on iOS jailbreaking says there is nothing available for me.

Denim Dude posted:

http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com/chart?version=5.1&device=ipad3

Edit: poo poo I just looked at more closely and it says 5.1.1 even though I chose 5.1. Sorry.

Oh well, thanks for checking.

I guess I'll dive into iOS 6 then.

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

I'm looking for a specific tweak but I can't seem to find anything that will suit my needs. I want apps that are in the dock to 'bounce' when there is a notification for that app, instead of a notification badge. I'd like it to bounce the same way an app would in the dock on the desktop of a Mac.

I know about Bounce and Animate Dock in Cydia but from what I can see, they make app icons bounce continuously, independent of the presence of any notifications.

Help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venkmanologist
Jun 21, 2007

cremnob posted:

Is there any real reason to jailbreak anymore? What are the must-have apps that you can only get by jailbreaking?

Aside from the customization (app behaviors more than appearance) a jailbreak is the only way *I* can get my 4S properly configured to fully work on a StraightTalk prepaid plan. It's requires futzing around with the APN settings, and I can only do that through a jailbreak. Other methods involve a tmobile SIM swap, and TMobile is the unicorn of mobile providers where I live.

• Locked thread