Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Is their an easier way of jailbreaking 4.2.8 yet or is it still downloading six seperate files and a bunch of bullshit gizmos and gadgets? I just want a one click :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Just jailbroke, phone rebooted fine opened cydia phone had a kernal panic then reset, backlight is still on but theres no apple logo and it won't get into DFU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Okay, this poo poo is absolutely ridiculous, Tinyumbrella has cydia hosts unchecked, I have to force it into DFU / recovery mode to get it to boot and once it's up and running, I try to restore factory defaults and I get error 21. I've never ever had this many issues with a jailbreak before. How can I just get this poo poo back to stock? I can't even restore it to factory defaults from the iphone itself, it just hangs and goes into an infinite bootloop.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Is there a way of upgrading my already jailbroken 8 install to 8.1.1 without upgrading, then rejailbreaking then installing everything over again? What's the best way to do this that won't require an afternoon of adjusting.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

bobfather posted:

8.3 has been jailbroken untethered for all devices by Taig. More details here.

Mobilesubstrate is not yet updated so your tweaks won’t work. iOS 8.4 release is imminent though within the week, and it may or may not be jailbroken. If you are not already jailbroken, consider upgrading to 8.3 now before the signing window is closed.

At this time 8.3 just offers Apple Watch compatibility and bugfixes. If you don’t have one, consider staying on 8.1.x if you’re already jailbroken. I will probably stay on 8.1 for now, since my iPad and iPhone work great already!

Just a heads up: Windows only for now, and you have to be on an older version of iTunes otherwise TAiG shits itself at 20%: http://www.iclarified.com/49994/how-to-fix-a-taig-ios-83-jailbreak-stuck-at-20

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
Substrate is fixed. New Taig is online. My 6+ no longer looks like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

goku chewbacca posted:

What did you change it to?

Gunnii-8 and the Habesha Alkaline theme with icons at 50%.

also: http://apt.taig.com/installer/en/TaiGJBreak_EN_2100.zip
And if you've already done 2.0.0 like an idiot, like I did and just need an updated .deb: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdt8us52vw52cdn/taiguntether83x.deb?dl=0

• Locked thread