Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Bouchacha posted:

Right, but is there any way to make it intelligible? For instance, instead of hundreds of files named ffb541c48e97051fff2b1f906577cbef71123c4fb.mdbackup, is it possible to be selective about what's synced (outside of iTunes) and to at least reduce the number, or to possibly deposit each backup "bit" into its own particular folder? My main interest is also to have a folder in my backup drive simply named "iPhone backup", instead of having it buried under AppData/etc/etc/etc.
There is a program called iBackupBot that will read your iPhone backups and allow you to extract specific bits that you want, you could use this to get just the notes/texts/photos and save them to a separate folder?

I found it extremely useful when I updated recently because I didn't want to lose all my text messages but also wanted to start from a fresh backup, all I had to do was extract the texts from one backup and insert them in to the new fresh backup. Easy as pie.

http://www.icopybot.com/itunes-backup-manager.htm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

coldplay chiptunes posted:

So I saved my SHSHs via TU, am running the TSS server and am trying to restore 4.3.3 on my phone, but I keep getting "An unknown error occurred (1)".

Any ideas?
I had this same issue so I downloaded redsn0w (latest version) and ran it and next time I started the phone up it had been wiped and was still jailbroken on 4.3.3. Not really sure how that works but hey might be worth a shot.

• Locked thread