Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Are there any bosspaper/wallpaper changers for the iPad? So far I can't seem to find one. Bosspaper does not work properly with the iPad, and I guess the dude isnt going to be updating it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I want to get a sweet emulator on my ipad, but there are at least two that I remember trying out in the past. I remember one came out recently, which seemed to be the best but I have forgotten what it was.

What are the best emulators out there (sega, nintendo, whatever)

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I have been running a jailbroken phone for a while which has been getting more and more sluggish as times go by due to all the poo poo I put on it; is it worth doing a factory restore and then installing the 5.01 and jailbreak on a 'fresh' device or just updating/re-jailbreaking on top of everything that is on there right now?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I am getting ready to upgrade my IOS to 5 as I have been on 4.2 for ages. I am going to restore to factory settings to start off clean, install the latest update from the latest ITunes version and restore from a backup. I looked on Cydia and the blobs all appear there at the top so I think I am covered there.

The only thing confusing me is the baseband. From the OP I understand that you need to preserve it if you want to unlock your phone. Is this only needed if you want to unlock your phone for an earlier IOS, or for the current and future IOS's also.? What I mean is, will I never be able to unlock the phone if I don't do this thing with the baseband?

I am asking because I am not going to change carrier anytime soon, but just in case I do (if a better deal or something comes up), how would I be able to use my phone? The other reason is if I want to sell the phone at some point, it will have to be unlocked.

I am just trying to deduce if I need to do it or not to begin with. I hope the question makes sense, and thanks.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

jojoinnit posted:

You need to preserve it if you ever want to unlock it. The baseband is independent of the OS but newer versions update it. If you have an unlockable baseband absolutely preserve it because when it comes time to sell your phone it'll be worth it's weight in gold. (not literally gold though)

Thanks. Chances are I already hosed it last time I jailbroke, but maybe I didn't. Will do it this time anyway just in case.

My phone says my modem firmware is 02.10.04 which google says is still unlockable. Phew!

henpod fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 5, 2012

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
So I just updated and jailbroke to 5.01 with Redsnow on my iphone 4.

I now have no bars on my signal display, it is permanently on one bar although it obviously should be more or fluctuate at least.

Some googling found people with similar problems but no one really put forward a good fix. Have any of you guys experience this?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Nill posted:

Are you using an older baseband? If so you'll have to install ultrasnow to fix the bar display even if you don't need the unlock for your sim card.

Yeah, using an older baseband. What's the best way to go about installing ultrasnow? Is it going to mess with my current jailbreak or anything?

Thanks for your help :)

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

G-Prime posted:

You can install ultrasn0w from Cydia easily. However, be aware, it breaks visual voicemail and MMS. The display of one bar is a graphical glitch, not an actual signal problem. If you can handle not being freaked out by seeing it that way, there's absolutely no reason to install ultrasn0w.

Im not really bothered about the bars, moreso just having an indicator to tell me when I have no signal at all would be useful, but I guess that would become apparent when I try to make a call.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Holy poo poo iPad 3 is jailbroken already? I thought it would take a couple of months at least. SB settings here I come!

Edit - Oh, it's not out yet.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I can't wait for them to Jailbreak the iPad3; After having my previous iPad and my current phone jailbroken it feels so basic:(.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Haha, yeah I miss this too.

I like SB settings and having custom themes from Winterboard. All the little things really that just make it even better to use. I have my iPhone jailbroken and my old IPad was, so I guess I'm just used to it.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
This is awesome news; Finally I can have unlimited folders on my iPad3, that poo poo has been driving me crazy. Also looking forward to some sweet SB settings and Winterboard action and whatever else may come in the future.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice

Xenomorph posted:

That's not from the Dev Team. It's some random person that has has supposedly just released exploit info to Apple (for them to patch out), and it has nothing to do with any A5+ device. Go ahead, look up their work, it's for older devices.

So no, that isn't for iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, etc - but it did give Apple the information needed to push out 5.1.2 and gently caress up the real 5.1.1 jailbreak that pod2g was working on.

Oh..What a dick.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
So, anyone had any luck with Jailbreaking the new ipad smoothly?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
I'm really loving confused now because everyone is having different problems. Forgive me, but is this the correct way, for me on the ipad3:

- Backup on Itunes
- Update to newest IOS from iTunes.
- Run the Absinthe 2.0
- Success?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Are there any wallpaper rotation apps for iPad? Bosspaper has not been updated in ages and only works with iPhones and older OS versions.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Another vote for this hanzo font. It just makes everything look cleaner somehow.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
So has there ever been a wallpaper cycler like bosspaper that works on IOS5? I want to cycle wallpapers on my ipad...

henpod fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Sep 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Are there any wallpaper cycling apps like Bosspaper that work with iPad3? I have had no luck finding one so far :(.

• Locked thread