Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Does anyone know of a Cydia app/extension that will allow me to set specific brightness levels for applications/power options? For example, I'd like to keep my screen brightness at max when I'm using my GPS app with my car dock, but keep it at a much lower level when it's not plugged in. I've seen a few apps out there like Screen Dimmer, but they don't have the customization I'm looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I think Maps Plus does GPS-based alarms or notifications. That's not a jailbreak app, it's available in the App Store.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Perhaps this issue has been settled long ago, but I recall people complaining that their screen would become unresponsive while receiving a phone call from anything but the lock screen. I hadn't been affected by that issue, but it's popped up frequently and I'm missing calls because of it. Has anyone encountered a fix for this? I've got an iphone 4 running 4.3.3, untethered jailbreak via redsn0w.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Has anyone figured out how to update custom Winterboard themes to 5.0 yet? I have the latest version of Winterboard from Cydia, but my custom lockscreen's icon still looks like this:

Note the question mark where the weather icon should be. Has anyone encountered any fixes for this? My google-fu is getting defeated here...

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Reporting back after upgrading from a semitethered 5.0 to untethered 5.0.1.

Absolutely smooth as butter. Used pwnagetool to create a custom ipsw without a baseband upgrade. Did the normal restore and was up and running in a matter of minutes.

Dorked around for probably 3-4 hours trying to get Siri/spire working. Definitely difficult to say the least, but having Siri working 100% plus the added functionality of SiriProxy is pretty cool. The downside is that it only works on the local network, but I now know the steps to get it running if I use a dynamicdns domain.

If anyone really wants a good walkthrough, I can post the steps that I used to get everything running.

Yes please! My girlfriend just got a 4s and hasn't really been using Siri at all, whereas I would totally use the poo poo out of that thing if I could get it on my 4.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

FakeClockUp. It's the best thing since sliced bread.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Try force-quitting Cydia by double-pressing the home button to bring up open apps, pushing on the icon until they start doing their little wiggly dance, and then hitting the X in the corner. I've run into the same issue countless times before and this has always worked.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Do I have to be using 5.1.1 in order to get SiriPort to work? I'm running 5.0.1 right now and got it to install using the instructions on the previous page, but it's been over 24 hours and I'm still not able to get the drat thing working. Should I uninstall SiriPort, install the new one, and see if that works?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Has ANYONE managed to get SiriPort working? I updated my iPhone 4 (AT&T) to 5.1.1 and jailbroke without any issue at all, followed the repo and certificate installation instructions to the letter, and still haven't been able to get the drat thing working.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Did you reboot after each failed attempt? That's getting a bit tedious....

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

deathmerc posted:

Just chiming in to say that SiriPort worked for me straight away on my iPhone 4.

Also, ShowCase is awesome. It's the little things in life... (or so I tell my girlfriend!)

I still can't get that loving thing working after like four days, so I'm uninstalling it. Guess I'll just wait to get Siri on the iPhone 5 whenever it comes out.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

This thread is moving too fast for me to keep up, so I apologize if this has been asked and answered already- is it worth it for me to JB my iPad 4 now? Other than SBSettings and Autoprotect, are there any must-have JB tweaks for the iPad?

Note: I'm no stranger to the JB scene as I've JB'd my old iPod touch and iPhone 4 several times over.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Can anyone recommend a tweak that will change your wallpaper at user-set intervals? I found something called Wallpaper AutoChanger on Cydia, but the dev seems to have stopped updating it with iOS 4.2.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Got into a bike wreck yesterday and destroyed my old iPhone 4. Went and bought a brand new 5 from Best Buy and discovered its's running 6.0. I jailbroke it with no issues, but it's my understanding that I can't upgrade to 6.1 or 6.2 if I found a custom IPSW as they've stopped signing those. Truth?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Has anyone had any success with at least replacing the system icons while using Glasklart on an iPad?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Wow, yeah, iOS 7. Holy crap, that is a GORGEOUS and really useful looking interface. I'll miss the quick compose of bitesms, but man.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Does anyone else use the AssistantEnhancer tweak and run into problems with it hard-locking your phone when trying to make reminders? Every other function works fine, but I'm having to manually restart my phone (iPhone 5, iOS 6.0) by pushing the home and power buttons every time I try to make a reminder. I'm also having the same problem with my iPad 4, iOS 6.1.2.

Anyone know of any fixes? I like all the other stuff AssistantEnhancer can do, but would like to be able to make reminders...

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

suboptimal posted:

Does anyone else use the AssistantEnhancer tweak and run into problems with it hard-locking your phone when trying to make reminders? Every other function works fine, but I'm having to manually restart my phone (iPhone 5, iOS 6.0) by pushing the home and power buttons every time I try to make a reminder. I'm also having the same problem with my iPad 4, iOS 6.1.2.

Anyone know of any fixes? I like all the other stuff AssistantEnhancer can do, but would like to be able to make reminders...

I actually was able to contact the dev. It's a well-known issue, but the solution is easy: the crash is caused by the AssistantExtensions tweak being outdated. You need to add c.k3a.me as a repo and update that extension, and AssistantEnhancer will work properly again. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is using this tweak and had problems.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Na'at posted:

There's an app out called Punggyeong that let's you pick a folder from your photos to cycle thru for wallpapers. Works infinitely better than bosspaper ever did.

This is outstanding. I'd been looking for a tweak to use with those awesome Calvin and Hobbes photo wallpapers, and now, I have one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I've jailbroken every iDevice I've owned, and have loved it for the customization aspects. For those who have upgraded to 7.0, would you say it's worth it?

• Locked thread