Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Anyone has issues with Messages.app closing immediately after launching? Just started this morning and I haven't changed anything recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Ezrem posted:

Have you messed with BytaFont/iOS 9.1 Emojis/Poomsmart's Emoji83+?

Thanks for the above replies, guys. It was indeed Emoji83+. I see now that it was likely triggered by an SMS sent with an emoji in it this morning. Cheers

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Any major apps update for jb ios9 that you guys have been keeping tabs on?

Tage got an update and still owns

If you don't have swipeselect well get it

I use ShowALLChanges to see every update that is posted to Cydia.. helps keep track of old tweaks updating instead of just new releases or those I have installed. [Go into Cydia Sources > All Sources and uncheck those unnecessary categories you don't want to see]

As for other honorable mentions:

ASUpdateHider - hide app updates and those recently installed

DataMeter - keeps track of cellular data usage in the NC, and you can also replace carrier with a real-time monitor or have a floating window

BreadCrumbArrow - removes the "Back to <app>" portion after the < in the status bar

OpenNotifier9 - updated some time in the past few weeks

Calendar for Lockscreen - self explanatory and awesome

LittleBrother - i'm sure everyone uses this already but just in case, you can get more space by changing your zoom level, also home screen landscape for non+ devices

TimeUntilAlarm - places countdown until next alarm on lockscreen

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 21, 2015

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
My work phone thanks you.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

What's the name of the app that allows for one-touch notification dismissal?

mikoto will do this, but I'm sure there's something else that's function specific. mikoto has a lot of stuff packed in it, so be sure to view all the toggles.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Do you know the repo? It's not showing up in Cydia's search.

cydia.angelxwind.net

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

BrainDance posted:

Ok, just straight up I need a tweak to hide nudie pics of my gf. I like to use my iPhone for lots of pictures of stuff and show people but I don't want these in my gallery, all the tweaks I've found are too old to work or they won't sell it to me yet on 9.3.3

I think everyone can understand exactly what I want front this. Something that lets me put these somewhere else password protected and preferably encrypted. For the record I'm not being a creep, she sent them to me.

Calculator+

e: App Store

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Poala Bear posted:

I took the plunge last night and used Prometheus/FutureRestore to update my 9.3.3 iPhone 6 to 10.2.

I had to borrow my girlfriend's mac (because I don't have one and VMWare ran like dog doodoo) so a lot of the time spent was on installing dependencies for the mac to work correctly. Once the mac was set up correctly, Prometheus was smooth sailing and the update went without a hitch.

Do you have a step-by-step guide that you can link? I'm way behind the times as a career change has taken up all my attention.

I'm on a 6S/9.3.3 and I thought I read the signing window for 10.2 was past, or the vulnerability had been patched recently, at least according to the stickied wiki on r/jailbreak.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Poala Bear posted:

First requirement, you need to have saved your device specific shsh2 blobs for 10.2 when the window was still open earlier this year.

Site to get shsh2 blobs

Site to check if blobs are valid

If you had never saved the shsh2 blobs for your device, stop reading because there's nothing you can do. Just hang out on 9.3.3 instead.

Second, you need to have a Mac, or Linux computer. (You can also run a Virtual Machine MacOS on a Windows PC, but when I tried that it ran like dogpoop).

If you have both of those requirements, then I followed these two guides. The first one installs certain dependencies for Prometheus/FutureRestore to run correctly.

Guide to install dependencies.

Guide to setting up and using Prometheus to move from 9.3.3 to 10.2

gently caress. Didn't save my blobs when that was a thing I guess. I'll just wait and see what happens. Thanks!

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
gently caress I'm gonna be on 9.3.3 forever. At some point app upgrades are going to stop. At least it's stable as hell.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Bill Barber posted:

So I'm on an SE running 9.3.3 jailbroken first with the Pangu and now with the jb website. I've been completely fine with this and have had no desire to update to a newer jailbreak. However, lately I've been getting fairly frequent app crashes system wide and it's generally only fixed by turning off the phone and then rejailbreaking. It almost feels like something at the lower level is corrupted and causing issues. What's the best way to go about performing a complete system wipe while also preserving the jailbreakability or if I'm updating the OS, making sure it can still be jailbroken once updated?

Purely anecdotal but I'm on a 6S/9.3.3 and in the past week or so I've been having the same issues.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I haven't been keeping up with the bleeding edge commentary on the state of JB in a long while; is there no hope for future JBs on current devices?

I've been on a 6S 9.3.3 for close to two years now and after 48 hours with the new 8 I've come to the conclusion I simply cannot use an iPhone without my little granular tweaks. I like having my calendar appointments and alarm countdowns on my lockscreen, the ability to lock any app behind Touch ID, more icons on the screen, hiding unwanted app updates, sped up graphics, auto-closing folders, etc. I really want an updated device but I'm too used to my setup to go back to vanilla iOS.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I’m patiently waiting for an 11.2 jb.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Waiting on 11.2 for something hopefully this year.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

bobfather posted:

The new jailbreak is great. Also, Sleipnizer (adds gestures to Safari like Firefox and Chrome mouse gestures) got an iOS 11 update recently so browsing with an iPad Pro 12.9" isn’t such a chore anymore.

I really really want to get back in a jailbroken phone to get rid of all of the little iOS annoyances and use my little tweaks but Electra will simply not jb my X.

I have tried everything, every which way, but it won’t go past “2/3” and then the app turns black.

Does anyone have a solution or fix for this?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

bobfather posted:

Turn off Siri, turn on Airplane mode, open the task switcher and kill all apps except Electra, then keep trying.

First jailbreak on my 6s+ took about 10 tries. iPad Pro was 3 tries. Some people have reported 30+ tries on their devices.

I had all of those conditions present but I gave up after about a dozen tries. I guess I just need to keep going.

How stable has the actual jb been?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I give up for now. I had the following:

- Siri off (never been on)
- Airplane mode on
- Restrictions off
- Find my iPhone off
- Assistive Touch on (screen never flashed white when holding on power off screen)
- All apps closed out
- No pending upgrades downloaded

I tried this with two separate iTunes accounts on two computers with different USB cords and attempted it over 40 times probably. It simply will not go past 1/3 or 2/3 -- half the time the Electra app turns black and the other half it reboots but returns to the same state.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

bobfather posted:

If you really need to have it, the dev version (multipath version) has a much higher success rate. Maybe you have a paid dev account, or maybe you know someone who does.

There are also signing services that will sign the dev version for you for a small fee.

Plus of the multipath version is that the certificate is good for 1 year instead of 7 days, so your Electra app won’t expire for a while.

Thanks, going to give the multipath version a shot. I can't locate any of these signing services - have a link?

e: after attempting with multipath and getting "error: exploit" I re-tried with the vfs version and it installed Cydia. The first reboot I hit "Enable jailbreak" (as described https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/wiki/electrajailbreak in step 11) - so I press that and it gets to 1/3 and reboots. Cydia crashes immediately upon opening. I've now tried Enable Jailbreak a ton of times just like the initial step. I miss the old days.

e2: finally success. Now to waste part of my day with this.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

lelandjs posted:

Also, make sure you download Ext3nder and extend the Electra certificate for a year. The cert Cydia Impactor uses is only good for a week.

Does Ext3nder work with 2FA, or will I need to disable that and force a re-sign? Can I do this right away?

• Locked thread