Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Ezrem posted:

Also, since I haven't seen anyone mention it lately, WiCarrier is really nice. It changes your carrier name (iPad, AT&T, Verizon, whatever) to whatever WiFi network you happen to be on, when you're connected. It also shows your IP address if you tap that section of the status bar. When you're not WiFi connected, it just shows your carrier name.

Thanks for this.

I like Hattori Hanzo a lot, but Sansation is my personal favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

bobfather posted:

Someone pointed it out earlier in the thread, but Sansation is really the font to have for your idevice. Hanzo is way too thin.

That was me probably. I've tried many fonts but I always go back to Sansation.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Also, Aptdate was released today - banner notifications for Cydia package updates.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Bunk Rogers posted:

Any way to convince Hulu that I am watching their poo poo from a desktop?

There used to be a 'Browser Changer' in Cydia.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I'm more excited for the little nuanced tweaks here and there. A few I recommend are:

AppStore Update Size
AutoProtect
FakeClockUp (a must have)
NCTabClock
NoStoreButton
Safari Download Manager
iFile
ShowCase
SmallBanners
WiCarrier

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Blimpkin posted:

What do the bolded ones do?

NoStoreButton removes the Store button on the top left of Music.app. I often accidentally pressed it.

ShowCase displays lowercase letters on the keyboard when the Caps Lock is off.

SmallBanners restricts the banner notification to one line of text instead of the default two which can often be intrusive. Forces it to only cover up the status bar momentarily when a notification comes in.

WiCarrier displays your current wifi SSID where the carrier would normally be displayed.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Russell William Thorpe posted:

Ok, not sure if this is a dumb question: does updating to ios 6 un-jailbreak your phone?

Yes

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Here's a nice little reference guide from the dev team, should come in handy when things pick up: http://jailbrea.kr/

Martytoof posted:

Is there a place to get older versions of Cydia apps? I think I updated AutoProtect to 1.1.1 and now it's crashing SpringBoard. I'd like to revert back to 1.1 or whatever, but I don't know where to get it.

I've not seen any websites or repositories for such. Maybe contact the developer?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Ozmodiar posted:

I probably should've specified...I already did the OTA, so iTunes says I already have 6.1.

How do I force it to re-download then?

http://gdeluxe.com/ios-6-download-links-all-devices/

e: better URL vv

http://osxdaily.com/2013/01/28/ios-6-1-released-download/

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 3, 2013

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
God I hope this thing comes through today, it's been far too long. I just want simple poo poo like my folders closing after I launch an app. and biteSMS.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Their site didn't work properly for me until I enabled cookies on their domain.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Worked first try on GSM iPhone 5, quite simple.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I'm getting a lot of the packages I want from CydiaUpdates as linked above.

e: except those on BigBoss, specifically

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Feenix posted:

About a year ago there was a good discussion about good BytaFont fonts. One was HattoriHanzo. Another was awesome. It was really elegant. I don't remember the name.

Anyone?

I always championed Sansation.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Has anyone successfully installed PreferenceLoader? So far even with dpkg I'm getting Hash Sum Mismatches.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

JiUC posted:

I'm not able to download anything at all from cydia right now, constantly getting a bunch of errors. Is this happening to anyone else or is there something wrong with mine?

This is normal for a day or so after new jailbreaks.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
I think I used 3.3x last time, will probably start with that and see how it goes.

Repository http://hitoriblog.com/apt/ for those who want it.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
My jailbreak seems a bit flaky after putting it through some heavy use.. have had at least three sudden restarts into Safe Mode and twice it's been stuck on the Apple logo after a reboot. Will probably see some revisions to the jailbreak in the coming days.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Ok, 3.3x in FakeClockUp seems entirely too fast on the i5. 1.4x seems to be the sweet spot for me.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
To add:

SmallBanners - Makes banner notifications one-line height
WiCarrier - Shows current Wifi SSID in place of carrier
AutoProtect - Allows you to bypass Passcode on home wifi
ShowCase - Shows lowercase letters in keyboard when relevant

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

NZP posted:

Sorry, been a while since I JBd, SHSH and terminal are both apps from Cydia yeah?

He meant SSH (secure shell). You'll want to install Openssh package and go from there.

Terminal is the default OSX application for operating in a unix environment (and using ssh)

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

manero posted:

I'm probably just being overly paranoid but I'd rather have less RF shooting into my head.

You could use speakerphone/headphones/bluetooth if it's a real concern.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Captain Apollo posted:

Anybody getting HTTP 500 errors when trying to install bitesms or anything useful?

Just keep trying. I can get an error one try and succeed on the next.

Alternatively, you can install a few of the supporting packages by themselves and make the larger installs go smoother:

dba-tech Common
Mobile Substrate
pincrush
PreferenceLoader
Substrate Safe Mode
WeePreferenceLoader

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

aca posted:

I keep getting a Half-Installed Package error with Cydia, it says I can Ignore it or Forcibily Clear (Unsafe).. Anyone know about this problem?

Choose Ignore then uninstall/remove the partially installed package

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
1.4x seems about right on the i5 for me. Any higher and applications open so quick you're stuck looking at a splash screen forever waiting for everything else to catch up.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ManSedan posted:

Is there a good thing that lets me hide things like Game Center or Newsstand?

Poof for any applications
NoNewsIsGoodNews for Newsstand since it's treated as a folder

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

please respond posted:

Switchermod made my ipad reboot when I double tap the home button. Is there something better?

I anticipate SwitcherMod to be updated soon as the devs are active on other projects.

Christoff posted:

I wish I bought bitesms. I don't know how they handle license transfers but with irealsms it usually means emailing the guy a couple times and waiting a couple weeks. Isn't there a way to streamline a license transfer without going through an actual person?

biteSMS was simple to transfer. I entered my email and the last four digits of the transaction ID as found in my PayPal history-- done in about five minutes.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 5, 2013

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

voltron posted:

If you don't install openssh, there's no reason (or, way) to change your root password, right? I think this is a stupid question.

You could change it via a terminal application on the phone itself, but aside from the unlikely event of an exploit ran on the phone (which theoretically would have root privs most likely) there is no reason to do so if you don't have SSH installed.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Am I the only one who absolutely hates the new LockInfo 5??

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Zorilla posted:

You're on Mac, right? I'm on Windows, and thanks to character encoding issues and differences in line endings, the only way I could get this to run without flipping its poo poo was to paste it line by line (minus the sleep loops- I figure I'm far slower at pasting code than installd is at creating the files the script checks for before continuing). Unfortunately, no change in the Weather app for me.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4805534/weather.sh

scp that to your phone

chmod +x weather.sh

./weather.sh

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Ozmodiar posted:

Two questions:
1. I asked yesterday, but think the post got lost in the rush - it's ok to turn my lock screen back on now that I'm jailbroken, yes?

2. Sprint blows...now that I'm jailbroken, is there a way for me to force my phone to roam at all times? I get better data speeds roaming on Verizon 1x than Sprint 3G...plus I'd live to just have Sprint kick me off contract so I can get out of my ETF.

1. yes
2. no clue

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

HorseDickSandwich posted:

Has anyone tried Winterboard yet? It says that it is updated for iOS 6.1, but I installed it and transfered a couple of themes and my iPhone 5 completely poo poo the bed.

If I can get it to go into iOS, none of the Apple apps or Cydia are showing up. Restoring it now, we'll see how this goes.

It restored just fine, thankfully I made a backup right before I jailbroke. I'm a bit hesitant to try again, but I'm sure I will.

WinterBoard works fine but it's likely that many file names have changed- this happens with each major iOS revision.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

gramlock posted:

Anyone get this in bitesms?

Are you using a licensed biteSMS or an ad-supported version?

Blimpkin posted:

Auxo is incredible. Highly recommended.

whoa, that looks badass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nXuFbeQxN8

e: Auxo is continually putting me in Safe Mode while browsing open apps or trying to close them.. anyone else?
e2: Lockdown Pro causes issues with Auxo

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 7, 2013

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

gramlock posted:

Licenced, bought it today.

Try hard-quitting the app and going into the License menu after restarting to verify it's recognized it as full, or a reboot if that doesn't fix it.

http://forums.bitesms.com/forums/1 is their bug report area if nothing works.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

gramlock posted:

Turns out it's something to do with glasklart chat bubbles for some reason; it's there in my normal messages app.

Themes almost always break between iOS revisions as file names change. glasklart is so popular I'd expect an update soon

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

~Coxy posted:

I hope they get this working because the Australian Siri has loving terrible pronunciation.

Two questions:
-any way to get an Activator Action to skip forward 15 seconds on a podcast?
-is there something that will force the calendar to be god's own Monday-Sunday layout?

for #2 you can set International region format to United Kingdom.. but it also changes a few other things I don't recall (I do this also)

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Kingnothing posted:

The second I removed appsync it worked, and it hasn't been working all day. Could be coincidence though.

Never heard of appsync and it's happening to me as well.

E: as an aside, if Auxo is crashing you constantly- there is a conflict with LockdownPro the devs know about.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 8, 2013

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

bazaar apparatus posted:

Auxo is neat but kinda buggy for me. Swiping up to reveal the task switcher isn't an issue, but if I ever double-click the home button (out of old habit) the phone crashes into safe mode. Every time.

Do you have Lockdown Pro installed?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009
Ah hmm. I'm not using the last five on that list, the devs are pretty receptive though. @A3tweaks

I'm going to ditch it once SwitcherMod is updated though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Walked posted:

I had the same thing with Typophone 4 on my phone. Apparently iOS 6 has a problem with notifications on custom lockscreens. I went with bulletin + opennotifier for my fix.

But yeah, pretty sure thats normal.

OpenNotifier is compatible with ios6?

• Locked thread