Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
So, how long until someone makes a Google Music jailbreak client?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I hate to bandwagon this, but redsn0w and pwnagetool are both very easy to use - tedious? Yes. But there are very clear and easy to follow instructions so it is not difficult.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does Browser Changer work with Maven?

Not yet, but you should message the Browser Changer dev about it like I did - I'm sure if there's interest he'll update it with support.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
This is probably a stupid question - but I am upgrading/jailbreaking an iphone4 and ipod touch 3 to 5.0.1, I assumed that backing up / syncing to iCloud would be disabled but it doesn't seem to be. Can I back up to iCloud when jailbroken? And/or can I sync via wifi?

I had assumed no, but when I thought about it I realized I had only read comments on this before the firmware/jailbreak was available.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

m0isty posted:

Yes, both work fine! ;)

Oh, awesome. Thanks!

On that note - if I backup using iCloud, can I still keep an occasional backup on my PC? I notice that iTunes only lets you choose one or the other.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
One last random question from my upgrade - now that I'm on io5 and have access to camera.app from the lockscreen, does anyone know of any jailbreak tweaks to allow twitter sharing, etc from the lockscreen camera?

It would be really nice to be able to take a picture, and then tweet it straight from the lockscreen.

Thanks!

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

TACD posted:

You can. Just right-click on the device in iTunes and you can select 'Backup' from the drop down menu. It just won't backup automatically.

Thanks! I had completely forgotten about that.

Now if anyone happens to know of a jailbreak tweak to access the twitter/sharing menu from the lockscreen camera, I would be thrilled.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Drosophilaphile posted:

gently caress AT&T.

You mean AT & Bigot Chamber

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know of a jailbreak app/modification that will let me fix apps in the multitask switcher? I would like to pin the Camera app in there so that double-tapping the home button will always present me with the camera button.

I know I could do things with Activator, but I specifically want to mimic the lockscreen functionality.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know of some solution to spoof an app into thinking my iPad is an iPhone/Pod?

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Would something like "reset all settings" let me clear out my iPad2 so I can give it to someone without eliminating the jailbreak?

I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to transfer my '2 to my girlfriend's account without losing the jb.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

henpod posted:

I can't wait for them to Jailbreak the iPad3; After having my previous iPad and my current phone jailbroken it feels so basic:(.

Out of curiosity, what are you missing on the iPad? I find the jailbreak nearly essential on my phone, but now that RetinaPad is unnecessary for the new iPad... All I am really missing is unlimited apps in folders / occasionally MyWi's automatic tethering.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
3D Stereo Girls actually sounds pretty cool.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Just jailbroke my New iPad, installed some of the usual suspects - activator, springtomize, sbsettings, multiconmover...

Something is causing a blank panel to come up when I bring up the app switcher - as in, there is a blank page between my running apps, and the page with brightness/volume and it pops up first every time. Has anyone else seen this / any guess which jb app is the culprit?

Thanks!

Edit: Turns out it was Springtomize. Under the App Switcher settings, a custom number of icons were set to display - no matter how many icons were set to show, it wold add a blank page unless that option was turned off.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 26, 2012

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Binary Badger posted:

Edit: drat, what was that Cydia package that gave you the little red skull and crossbones to kill all apps simultaneously after you hit Home twice?

KillThemAll or something like that. I'm away from my devices right now, so I can't check.

Edit: vvv Ignore me, this is it.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 27, 2012

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Blinkz0rz posted:

So 5.1.1 broke Music Controls Pro. It doesn't look like Phoenix-Dev is still working on it. That's a shame.

What do you use Music Controls Pro for? I bought it way back when, but never found a reason/purpose for using it.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Blinkz0rz posted:

I liked having the swipe controls and notifications. I guess, thinking about it, I didn't really use it that much.

I keep hoping that somehow they will add Pandora voting controls to the lockscreen or something. I never use the stock Music app anymore.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe
Can someone post some screens of Hattoi Hanzo in use? As in, some actual apps or situations?

I took a look at it and from the screenshots available, it didn't seem appealing at all.

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

Thirst Mutilator posted:

...hold down the shift button and hit backspace to delete whole words, like on Windows/OSX?

:aaaaa:

edit: actually, I just tried this on Win7 and it didn't work - is it just an OSX thing?

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Dave posted:

It depends on the program I think but yes it's pretty common. You don't think devs delete by character all the time do you?

That's the thing - I knew there were some programming environments / text editors that did this. I didn't think it was a system-wide feature (and as far as Windows goes, it doesn't seem like it is.)

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

thenotoriouspie posted:

Ugh not being able to have my iPhone jail broken is literally killing me.

Please leave me the phone in your will. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Fun Shoe

thenotoriouspie posted:

Got it changed 5 minutes ago just for you buddy

I assume the funeral will be closed-casket so friends and loves ones don't see your apps spilling out of all your folders.

• Locked thread