Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Well, water damage has finally caused me to have to go to the Apple store tomorrow so that I can get a refurbished iPhone 4. I've been jailbroken since day one with this phone, and I have used AptBackup in the past to keep my Cydia apps ready so that I can reinstall them the last time I updated to the latest JB.

So if I get a new phone, will AptBackup be of any use for me or will I have to reinstall everything from scratch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I was just granted the ability to have my iPhone 4 unlocked from AT&T and am about to complete the process via iTunes. Is there anything that I need to be aware of before I connect to iTunes (ie, is this going to gently caress up my Jailbreak?)?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Nill posted:

Well, normally yes, it would since the 'normal' unlock process starts with a blank restore of the phone to get it back in to "check for activation mode". However, you can use redsn0w's "deactivate" option to skip the restore and just go straight to the unlock.

http://www.ijailbreak.com/how-to/how-to-unlock-att-iphone-and-maintain-untethered-jailbreak/

Thanks for this. I ran it but when iTunes came up, I didn't get that "Congratulations...' message. I am not sure if it worked or not, but I kept my Jailbreak!

edit: confirmed with AT&T that it worked, thanks again. Should help out when I sell it and get the new model.

Mr Hands Colon fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 23, 2012

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

ibntumart posted:

I guess I'm going the eBay unlock route.

How is that 'legal'? I mean I understand the point of unlocking, but aren't those eBay unlockers primarily used to unlock blacklisted devices? Just curious, I'm unlocked on an iPhone 4 (AT&T out of contract).

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I'm having a hell of a time removing my JB and restoring my iPhone 4 to 5.1.1. This device is being sold (picked up an iPhone 5) and I want to wipe it but keep it at 5.1.1. So far, I tried redsn0w to restore it with the 5.1.1 ipsw and it keeps failing, I still have all the blobs saved but I keep getting the failure.

I also just tried the normal shift+click to install the ipsw, but keep getting error 3194. And yes my hosts are set properly so that probably isn't the issue.

Is there any other route to take to just remove the JB and stay with 5.1.1?

edit: finally got it restored after several attempts, nothing to see here.

Mr Hands Colon fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Nov 2, 2012

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Meskalade posted:

I'm having the same issue, is there anything you did different to get it to stick?

All I ended up doing was making sure that I had the correct ipsw for 5.1.1. Then I just used redsn0w and used the "even more" function in the program, kicked the phone into "pwned dfu mode" or whatever it's called, commented out the hosts file for Apple servers, and then restored my firmware by selecting the ipsw. It worked just fine through there, didn't use iTunes at all to restore.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

decypher posted:

Who knows. The chatter around the topic has increased a lot since iOS 6 dropped. More so than I've never noticed in the iPhone scene.

Same here, seems to be coming up more. I apparently used just over 5gb of data last month, first month I have owned this device. I usually hover around 2-3gb/month in the past on an iPhone 4 but maybe I was just using more on the new one while playing with more apps that I could get faster LTE speeds.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Just heard about that Dream JB myself, but it seems like most of the known Jailbreakers are calling bullshit on this. Here's to hoping it's legit though, I miss having a Jailbreak.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
So how long until this guy gets hundreds of pizzas delivered to his house by butthurt iPhone fanboys?

"DreamJB was intended as a social experiment."

What a dumb gently caress.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
So 6.0.2 is out. Can we still save our blobs and upgrade to the new firmware and be safe to downgrade if a JB shows up for an earlier version of ios 6?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Alright so I'm somewhat confused, is it even worth risking updating to 6.1 right now?

I only ask because I just checked TinyUmbrella and my blobs are only saved for 6.0.1 & (for some reason) 6.1 (I'm on 6.0.2). I don't want to miss out on this JB but I don't want to screw myself by updating to 6.1. Granted it's not a big deal to stay where I'm at but I was just looking to double check. Thanks everyone.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Christoff posted:

Well that was easy

Yup, that was simple. Tried to hop on Cydia just to pick up SBSettings, and yes everyone on there is just getting slammed.

Oh well, at least the Jailbreak process was simple!

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
phew, finally got SBSettings back.

now the question - does anyone know if there is an addon to add turning on/off LTE for SBSettings?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Seems like adding the airplane mode toggle to SBSettings and then using it sends you into safe mode immediately.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Wario In Real Life posted:

SBS only ships with a few toggles, but you can get more toggles from Cydia. There should be a button within the SBS settings page that'll take you right to the addons in Cydia.

Not sure how up to date the addon crew has been with this, but as of last night I added the 3rd party Airplane Mode toggle to SBSettings and it would crash the phone/send it into safe mode whenever I tapped the icon.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

I added one this afternoon and it works fine. I'll try to find the exact name of it.

Airplane SBSettings Toggle on BigBoss as org.thebigboss.sbsairplanetoggle

Thank you, will try this in a few.

And I'm not quite sure but it looks like the JB has killed my ability to watch anything on the Xfinity Player (free streaming video for Xfinity customers), it keeps saying something to the likes of "sorry, we've experienced some difficulty playing your video".

Bummer, I was just starting to get into House of Lies.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Redlegs posted:

Did you try xCon?

I never even knew that existed but I will give it a shot. Only thing is that the JB didn't affect streaming from the HBO GO app.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

I added one this afternoon and it works fine. I'll try to find the exact name of it.

Airplane SBSettings Toggle on BigBoss as org.thebigboss.sbsairplanetoggle

Seems to be working so far. What is/is there a toggle for 3G/LTE?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Redlegs posted:

Did you try xCon?

Thank you but Xcon did nothing (yet). Tried it after several configurations and nothing.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
You've missed a several page philosophical conversation about LI4, it was great.

And SBSettings has an update right now.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
I can't remember what cydia tweak this was, but when an email notification banner would come to the phone there would be a X button on the right so that you could close it immediately. Anyone remember?

So nice to have a jailbroken phone again.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Looks like Xcon doesn't fix the Xfinity Player app from working yet.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Anyone know if there is a SBSettings toggle for LTE yet?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

decypher posted:

I got nothing for the color coding, which I think is a cute idea, but the package Bars works on your cellular signal and gives more detail. For example, if you have two and 1/2 bars, normally you'll see only the two bars, but with this package installed you'll actually see 2 then one half the 3rd bar will be filled up, it's kinda neat.

Thanks for bringing this up, I totally forgot about Bars since my last JB.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Just updated to 6.1.2 and re-Jailbroke. I ran "dpkg --get-selections > packages.txt" prior to updating via WinSCP and that worked fine. However, when I went to run "dpkg --set-selections < packages.txt /apt-get -u dselect-upgrade" after installing OpenSSH and APT, I keep timing out and can't restore everything. Any ideas? I know I can reinstall repos one by one, but just wanted to see what might be the cause of this.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
For any Jailbreakers that haven't been able to use the Xfinity Player app to watch any content, there is a simple workaround: use the Xfinity Remote app, it works just fine and you can watch anything OnDemand from your Xfinity account.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

BatteryDoctorPro (search for that, first result will be it) is really loving slick and an excellent replacement to SBSettings or the now discontinued NCSettings.

Wow, that is pretty solid and has exactly what I was looking for that SBSettings doesn't (LTE toggle).

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

I love it. Exactly what I was looking for in a battery management app.

This app makes SBSettings useless to me now, aside from one function: hiding icons that I don't need to show (stocks, letter opener, etc.,). Is there any way to do this without SBSettings?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Bummey posted:

What repository is it on? I can't see it.

BigBoss.

Just search the entire app name and it will show up (in Chinese, I think).

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Search for Poof in Cydia

Perfect! One last question: what is a replacement for the SBSetting function to show the date next to the time in the status bar?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Regular use of phone with this new battery doctor, switching between inside and outside when needed, I finished my day with more than 50% charge when normally I'd be closer to 30. Sick.

Yeah this app is pretty kick rear end, turning off LTE when needed has made a big difference. However I did get thrown into safe mode once when switching from outdoor to indoor.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Blimpkin posted:

Yes. It does.

Does OpenBackup only work with iCloud?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

New tweak out for Pandora users called ThumbsUp. As you can guess by the name, it adds a thumbs up/down to the lockscreen music controls. I use Spotify now but I remember thinking this would be nice back when I used pandora.

Looks good but it installs Activator in the package.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kingnothing posted:

This tweak seams pretty old, but I just stumbled on a tweak called pandoraskip, which gives you unlimited skips on the pandora app. Works pretty well.

Yes, it works great and is legit from the BigBoss repo.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

spongeworthy posted:

Has anyone using PandoraSkips updated to the latest Pandora that came out ~two days ago and verified that the skipping still works?

I tried it last night and it worked fine.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

White1ce posted:

Also, are there any good apps that I can hide some of the icons that I do not want, like the Reminders app. Any app to increase folder sizes?

Thanks!

Poof! to hide icons, infinifolders or folder enhancer for increasing folder sizes.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Isn't PDAnet free as an alternative?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Blimpkin posted:

Cool! It's a really slick lockscreen, I think.

Holy poo poo, that worked perfectly. Thank you! I couldn't find it in Cydia at all but your method worked right away, thanks again!

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

bomblol posted:

Is there an iOS 6 capable solution for hiding icons? I've tried using Poof but it seems to work sporadically at best.

I've never had a problem with Poof. Do you respring your phone after you choose which icons to hide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

ZombieIsland posted:

Is there a way to change the color of alert boxes? I use to have a winterboard theme that changed the badges to green and the alert box to a dark grey.

Badge Customizer is free and you can change it to any color you want/any position on the app/size of the alert badge, etc.

• Locked thread