Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apps
Oct 3, 2009
I've been having issues with my camera app lately, where most of the time (but not all of the time), when I load it up it'll just hang on the shutter screen and not show me the viewfinder or let me take a picture. Has been happening off and on since sometime 3 months ago and I don't really remember anything that could have caused it. Just running a normal jailbreak with only the basics (bitesms, activator, lockinfo) installed. Rebooting/respringing also has no effect on the problem.

Could a certain file have gotten corrupted somehow? Why does it only happen 80% of the time, but other times it loads up just fine?

More confusing than anything but it's also gotten annoying when I come across a situation where I'd really like to take a picture but simply can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
Never thought to try Camera+ or whatever. I'll check that out now.

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
drat that didn't work. There goes 2 double cheeseburgers lol.

Apps
Oct 3, 2009

flyboi posted:

New moblienotifier beta is out. This time around it is actually usable and loving slick.
http://www.peterhajas.com/blog/2011/5/29/mobilenotifier-beta5-ecstatic-eggo.html
Jesus that guy is freaky looking.

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
Doing a full restore via iTunes erases all traces of a jailbreak, correct? I'm not worried about the genius bar finding out I jailbroke or anything, but I've been having camera problems and I just wanted to make sure that some part of the jailbreak didn't gently caress up a system file or something and cause my camera to hang. If I do a full restore and set it up as a new phone and the camera problem persists, then it's a hardware issue and not anything to do with software, correct?

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
Yeah, that's the plan. Thanks for the quick response.

The camera flash has NEVER worked on this phone, although since there's not really an Apple store near me I just let it slide, but now that the camera has died I'm guessing it's related. Hopefully I'll be able to score a brand new (refurb) unit like 10 days before my warranty runs out. I did the exact same thing with my 3G (cracks on the back plastic).

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
How is Slingbox considered tethering but Netflix/YouTube/MLB.tv/LITERALLY EVERY OTHER MEDIA STREAMING APP not?

I can't even fathom how they could make the case that it's tethering. The only device using your phone's data connection is your phone...........................

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
LockInfo and the new notification system are completely different things. How are you going to check what that new email was with the touch of a button with iOS5?

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
Press button to turn on phone, swipe to unlock, swipe down to check mail list (if you have some sort of jailbreak that enables mail info on the notification screen).

Hell at that point it'd be just as quick to open the mail app anyway.

The point of lockinfo is to display various important informations on the lock screen of the phone so that it's quickly visible at a glance without having to unlock the phone.

Apps
Oct 3, 2009

maduin posted:

I doubt it's a very high priority amongst developers since Apple's version comes out this fall and pretty much destroys Google's current offering.
They're not really the same thing at all actually. Google Music you can instantly access and stream your library. With iCloud you have access to, but have to individually download any songs/albums you want to listen to and then listen to them via the iPod app once they've completed downloading.

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
There's a reason they have a system in place to schedule appointments for technical service.

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
So, I know there's that small blurb in the OP, but does anyone have any suggestions for some killer/cool jailbreak features? There's just so much JUNK out there on Cydia that it's hard to figure out what's good and what's not even worth installing.

I'm a big fan of MxTube for HD YouTube archival purposes, although it does kill your disk space pretty quickly.

EDIT: Just checked the docs list in the OP, and while pretty vague on the actual quality of the apps, SpringFlash and Weathericon look like a couple of must haves as well.

Apps fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 23, 2011

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
So is it safe to say I should just turn off all the THEME sections in Cydia? Are there any decent visual tweaks/mods that DON'T use Winterboard?

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
No idea if this is related to some vague LockInfo setting, or if I'm just going crazy, but pressing the home button while on the lock screen doesn't dismiss app notifications. I know for a fact that it used to do this, and I'm setting everything up on a new phone now and it's not working. It could be related to 1 of 100 different little settings somewhere. Someone help me out.

Apps
Oct 3, 2009

porktree posted:

Oh good, the peanut gallery checks in.
There are very few reasons to be as insanely anxious for an iPad2 jailbreak as most people are other than pirated apps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apps
Oct 3, 2009
Mine doesn't. :confused:

• Locked thread