Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
How do I install new themes into my ipod? (with winterboard i guess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
I have winter board but do I download the teme from my computer or my ipod and where do I go?
EDIT: how do I get themes from here:http://macthemes.net/forum/viewforum.php?id=24
onto my ipod?

Knives and Hot Dust fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 17, 2011

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

HorseDickSandwich posted:

You can instal OpenSSH and use your phone like a server and transfer things that way. If you're on a mac there is a program called "iPhone Explorer" that will let you see the filesystem of your phone and you can transfer stuff that way.

Either way you decide, your themes will be under Library > Themes. Once you put something in there, it will show up in Winterboard for you to select.

Can you explain more? the op is not very helpful in this case. Also I installed OpenSSH just right now but it does not seem to do anything.
Edit: I am using windows if that means anything.

Knives and Hot Dust fucked around with this message at 12:06 on May 17, 2011

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

LamoTheKid posted:

Get WinSCP, find out your iphones WiFI IP address, create a new SFTP connection in WinSCP with your iphones IP as the address, root as the username, and alpine as the password. And you have a regular filesystem you can explore (If you're not familiar with BSD or Linux it might be a bit confusing).

OpenSSH imo is the single most useful thing to install when you jailbreak, especially if you're good with the commandline.

that is all great and all but I have an ipod touch not an iphone.
Edit: Also OpenSSH seems to be for mac only.

Knives and Hot Dust fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 17, 2011

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Well it does, because I followed the instructions and it does not work.
EDIT: Seriously, how are you guys getting these awesome themes onto your ipods and iphones? Is it a mac thing?

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

maduin posted:

I updated the second post with some information, but you don't need to install themes with SSH if it's confusing you. You can just search/install them via Cydia and then manage them with Winterboard. That's the entire purpose of Winterboard, to allow easy management of themes.

I tried it this way but on cydia there are two themes and they are both bad.
Transferring files through OpenSSH would be better but you need to know linux codes or something.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

getting conflicting messages between you two.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Nothing works. OpenSSH does not work with WinSp for me. Mobile Terminal does not work on my iPod. Is there any point in jail breaking for me now?
Edit: by not working I mean mobileTerminal crashes immediately upon opening.

Knives and Hot Dust fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 19, 2011

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
It tries to reconnect forever. There is a 3 second countdown on the button "retry". I can click retry to make it reconnect faster or I can click OK to stop it. There is also a help button that does not seem to do anything.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?

LamoTheKid posted:

Ok, gently caress this, just use this and be done with it.

http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/

You're not gonna believe this but I got it to work by following the instructions from the second part of this article here:

http://www.iphonetechie.com/2010/08/tutorial-on-how-to-download-and-install-mobile-terminal-4-26-for-ios-4-4-0-1-on-iphone-4-3gs-ipad-3-2-1/

and I got OpenSSH to work and WInSCP to work by making my iPod to never auto lock.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
I tried the instructions here:

http://www.iphonetechie.com/2010/08/tutorial-on-how-to-download-and-install-mobile-terminal-4-26-for-ios-4-4-0-1-on-iphone-4-3gs-ipad-3-2-1/

and it seemed to work.

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Can you recover a forgotten SSH password?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knives and Hot Dust
Feb 21, 2010

metal gear??!?
Those instructions are written by someone who's first language is obviously not English. It is a bit hard to understand but which section do I follow?

• Locked thread