Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm still on 9.3.3. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
More and more apps are requiring 10 which is a little concerning, but the stuff that I use my jailbreak for (SE with scaled resolution so everything isn't crazy cramped / push notifications to a Fitbit Charge) completely outweighs any sort of inconvenience of being stuck on 9.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Djarum posted:

I was completely happy with my SE on iOS 9 until I got my Apple Watch and had to update. There is a ton of things I really dislike about the modern iOS.
I cringe every time I see someone post a picture of the modern Messages app with all the crazy App Store sticker game poo poo at the bottom.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

IncendiaC posted:

I haven't paid any attention to jailbreaking since IOS8, and that was a full untethered jailbreak so I'm unfamiliar with semi-untethered. So without a paid dev account, I'd have to connect my iphone to a PC and redo the whole jailbreak process every week? The unjailbroken-on-reboot isn't a big deal but having to redo the whole thing every 7 days sounds annoying.
As long as you don't reboot your phone you're jailbroken forever. If your phone crashes or runs out of battery (or you want to reboot it), you'll have to launch an app on your phone in order to re-jailbreak it. If you don't have a dev account that app only works for 7 days, so the alternative is to hook your phone up to a computer and jailbreak it that way.

Semi-untethered isn't really that huge of an issue most of the time. Most people rarely fully shut down their phones these days so you don't really run into the issue as often as you'd might think.

• Locked thread