Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

LamoTheKid posted:

Get WinSCP, find out your iphones WiFI IP address, create a new SFTP connection in WinSCP with your iphones IP as the address, root as the username, and alpine as the password. And you have a regular filesystem you can explore (If you're not familiar with BSD or Linux it might be a bit confusing).

OpenSSH imo is the single most useful thing to install when you jailbreak, especially if you're good with the commandline.

ifunbox is a bit friendlier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Xenomorph posted:

Tethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0 final is already out.

http://twitter.com/#!/MuscleNerd/status/121316307458195456

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/redsn0w-iOS5

I'm getting a blank Cydia icon no matter how many times I restart and\or jailbreak. Anyone else gotten passed this?

edit: Not only blank, it won't launch.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Rick Rickshaw posted:

What's the most efficient way to narrow down a battery drain?

Is there an app out there that can give me statistics on my battery usage? If there were, my plan would be to uninstall various jailbreak packages one at a time, using the battery monitor to identify the problematic package. I feel like the drain is not significant enough to be able to narrow down the issue without a battery usage monitor of some type.

Turn off unnecessary location services such as timezone and weather.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Xenomorph posted:

I think I just did my biggest one-day download session over 3G with AT&T since I signed up with them in 2009. MyWi with multiple connected clients was part of that. I hope I don't get a text. :ohdear:

I think it's great that they can place a "monthly" cap on you that you can blow through in just a few hours.

Oh well, if I lose my 3GB "unlimited", the worst-case scenario is that I drop to a different 3GB plan that costs the same thing.

I average 7gbs a month without tethering and have for ages. I think you'll be ok.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

FloppyDiskCommando posted:

what on earth are you doing that you're using 7gb a month?

Spotify and Waze. I used to average less when all I did was play WoW through my phones connection.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Any way to convince Hulu that I am watching their poo poo from a desktop?

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Lockinfo is installing fine now but good luck getting out of Safe Mode with it running.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Klowns posted:

I've been running it all night without any issue. Only the broken weather app tossed me into Safe Mode.
The freeze on restart seems to have been corrected by the evasi0n update that was released shortly after the initial release. I've got all my old apps, and a few new ones, running without any issue except 3G Unrestricter and FolderEnhancer which I haven't been able to download.

It must hate something else I have on my phone. Multiple installs now with the same nasty results.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Dewgy posted:

I really wonder how in the hell I got away with using 13GB in a month without incident when I was back on AT&T...

I hit 7gb the first week of this month. Not sure how as I average about 3 or 4 usually.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

NZP posted:

Going mental here trying to change my lockscreen background for Typophone 4. Had an arse about in Winterboard, selecting user background and stuff but no, it only changes background when I use one of the pre-set wallpapers. Any idea where I'm going wrong?

As I recall you'll need to SSH into the Typophone directory and replace the old wallpaper in there.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Anyone having an issue with Chrome? My app crashes constantly, since the update, and I can only assume its because I'm jailbroken. This is on my iPad.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Is there an app that will allow me to send texts using using a keyboard stroke? Having to press send after typing messages is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I was busted a couple of times for using MyWi. Not sure what gave it away but I was being careful. Now I used triple the data streaming movies to my phone. Take that jerks!

• Locked thread