Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
AptBackup, Open Backup, PkgBackup, xBackup, yeah there are a couple. Combined with apple cloud taking care of regular apps, jailbreaking is such an effortless thing I laugh everytime someone posts about computer janitor work in the ios app thread.

Besides, this is the opportunity to trim your tweak list because chances are you don't use 90% of what you've accumulated since the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

stahp

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

lmao

the courts. What's it like living constantly afraid of written rules?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It's too bad I'm late to save you from ios thread bandwagons. The correct answer was iFile.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

ibntumart posted:

iFile isn't going to open or convert CBR files. Uncle at Nintendo would still have to convert them. And Goodreader is a good buy regardless.

The issue was app agnostic file management.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Ezrem posted:

Actually, the correct answer is Filza.

iFile hasn't been updated for a while. File deletion has some bugs in it that can completely screw up your jailbreak.

Actually....

Thanks, I'll check it out but that is news to me and no doubt to this thread. iFile still works fantastically well and has never screwed up any of my jailbreaks.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

ios10 is a weak substitute for flux and I can't find swipe select if it exists. I really want a jailbreak again :(

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

How is f.lux better than the iOS version? Curious which to run

ios is like a switch is flipped, flux has a transition I don't notice which I think is important when you're going from blue to orange.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

agh please do 32bit devices please

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I only skimmed so apologies if I'm repeating what I didn't see but the yalu beta has been updated to version 5, version 2 added support for everything else except iphone 7 and up.

Just a heads up for you 5s owners out there. SwipeShiftCaret + Swype keyboard is heaven to apple's miserable keyboard design.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Something that reddit link doesn't seem to cover:

Look up the cydia beta repo for a better version for ios 10. Has a bunch of fixes that the auto installed one needs.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Now that that's a thing I googled Prometheus but can't find a download. Can someone hold my hand on this? Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing here. I did save my blobs from that one website...

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yuss thank you.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yeah he actually was helpful, more than either of you have been, so maybe take a deep breath and go back to trading match 3 games in the ios games thread if being asked to do a bit of research bothers you that much.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Wanted to check out the JB reddit for some fun new tweaks and came across this news http://imgur.com/a/tdN7K

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

i7 owners haven't figured out how to jb with the power of smug yet?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

There's no confirmation about anything so don't ask. We posted a picture from a security conference, nothing more.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Search for Cydia Extender on cydia. It's a bigboss app.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

What phone and ios version are you on, out of curiosity

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

ifunbox is a more trustworthy untrustworthy utility than tongbu that you can try using

Use a firewall to lock it down I guess

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Oh I wasn't sure how I was feeling about jailbreaks lately but thanks for telling me that I don't want one, jailbreak thread.

ios threads :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Jailbreak it, find a repository of old versions of software and install those and see if they still work. Some apps demand you update, some see what device you're on and allow the older version.

Between jailbreaking and testing old apps you're looking at 2 hours of work, max, to see if this will work for you.

• Locked thread