Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Moose-Alini posted:

Apparently the iOS update notes list a bug fix that allows creating files in trusted locations, and credits it to Taig jailbreak team? People are speculating this is the exploit Taig said they are ready to roll out. It's been out less than a day, gotta have some patience.

yeah

"MobileStorageMounter
Available for: iPhone 4s and later, iPod touch (5th generation) and later, iPad 2 and later
Impact: A malicious application may be able to create folders in trusted locations in the file system
Description: An issue existed in the developer disk mounting logic which resulted in invalid disk image folders not being deleted. This was addressed through improved error handling.
CVE-ID
CVE-2015-1062 : TaiG Jailbreak Team"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Bummey posted:

When you tap and hold a link (one that hides a url like this) is there any tweak that will actually display the URL in that share popup? I hate having to copy, swap over to Notes, and paste it just to see the bare URL. Why is that not a default loving feature? Or is it and my dumb rear end is missing the obvious yet again?

I always just open it in mail. It should be a thing though.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Michael Scott posted:

Just use Messenger, it's not that bad.

It's hands down the best messenger app on iOS

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Bouchacha posted:

If I switch carriers and keep my number and everything, do I need to restore? I'm already unlocked.

no

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Opening the iPhone? Yeah, that'll void the warranty

Not legal (in the US)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

KDdidit posted:

I just noticed my 6S is eligible for a free battery replacement. If I get that done can I just restore it to its jailbroken state through itunes, or will it come back with 10.2 installed or something?

Mine was swapped in an Apple store. No changes to the OS. When I first brought it in they couldn't even run their diagnostic on it because it was shutting off at 45% and they didn't have a cable with them. Unsure if they ran anything after the replacement.

• Locked thread