Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Most of this thread is outdated, and a lot of the interest in jailbreaking has been slowly cannibalized by Apple's iterative changes to iOS, but there is a jailbreak available for iOS 8.3.

If you want to begin reading starting at the iOS 8.3 jailbreak discussion, jump to bobfather's post on the 274th page.

maduin fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jun 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
This post will address common questions that arise in the thread which fall outside the scope of the op. Think of it as a personalized FAQ for Something Awful.

Q: I'm currently using a jailbroken device and would like to upgrade to the newest version of iOS. How can I do this without losing everything?
A: First of all, you should always have a backup of your device done through iTunes (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766). Second, do not use one of the available programs on Cydia that are designed to back-up your device. They suck. Instead, you can do this with a simple terminal script (courtesy of withak):

Before updating your device via iTunes:
code:
dpkg --get-selections > packages.txt
After updating:

Jailbreak then install OpenSSH and APT via Cydia then SSH in and do
code:
dpkg --set-selections < packages.txt
apt-get -u dselect-upgrade
Use this in conjunction with the Cydia Application DataDeposit, which saves application and game data to Dropbox to allow easy backup. Alternatively, you can use either iFile, available on Cydia, or iPhone Explorer, which works without the need to jailbreak, to manually copy and replace application data.

Q: Can I still sync with iTunes and use Apple's App Store after jailbreaking?
A: Yes. Everything that worked on your device prior to jailbreaking will continue to work after.

Q: Is there anything that will allow my jailbroken iOS device to be able to download files like .zips?
A: You can use the jailbreak application Safari Download Manager in conjunction with iFile. Alternatively, many third-party browsers available on Apple's App Store (iCab, Atomic, etc) offer a way to download files to Dropbox.

Q: What is a tethered jailbreak? What is an untethered jailbreak?
A: Tethered jailbreaks are frustrating because they require a computer connection to boot a jailbroken iOS device. The concept of a tethered jailbreak has been around a long time, but essentially it means this: every time your iPhone or iPod touch reboots or the battery dies, you have to connect (tether) your iOS device back to your computer so that the hardware can boot with the aid of the jailbreak application. An untethered jailbreak is the preferred jailbreak because it requires no connection to your computer except for the initial jailbreaking process. You can reboot your iPhone or iPod touch as much as you want without having to tether it to your computer to boot. If the battery dies on a device that has an untethered jailbreak, it’s no big deal you just charge it again and it will boot as usual. (source)

Q: How do I install all of these awesome themes on my jailbroken device?
A: The simplest way is with Winterboard. Once you install Winterboard, simply search themes on Cydia and install them like you would any other jailbreak application--they can then be toggled off and on within the Winterboard application. The second, more complicated method is to manually transfer them and install the theme via SSH. You can find directions for SSHing into your device here.

Q: How do I manually install a .deb file on my device?
A: There are two options here: the easiest would probably be to move the .deb file--either via SSH or with iFile to the /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall folder (create the folder if you don't have it) as well, and it will be automatically installed when you respring. See http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5730. If for some reason you don't want to do it that way, you can install SSH onto your dvice, SCP the .deb file over to it, and then use dpk -i filename.deb to install it.

Q: Can I restore my phone to factory settings? How do I do this?
A: Absolutely. Just restore using iTunes and the phone will be exactly as it was before you jailbroke it. Note that if you're trying to remove all traces of your jailbreak--if you're bringing it to an Apple Store because something broke, for example--you want to make sure that you set up the phone as a new phone, not restore the phone from a backup as the backup might have traces of your jailbreak.

Q: Help, I bricked my iPhone!
A: That isn't really a question, but I'll answer it anyway: no you didn't. It's impossible to software brick an iPhone; to fix the phone, perform a DFU restore. If that's not working, read this website, realize you actually had the phone in recovery mode and not DFU mode, put the phone in DFU mode, and restore again.

Q: How do I upgrade my iPhone's firmware without updating the baseband?
A: If you want to upgrade your iOS version and prevent your iPhone 4's baseband from being upgraded, follow the directions located here.

Q: Where can I get the most up-to-date jailbreaking information?
A: Probably Twitter. Some of the major contributors include @MuscleNerd, @comex, @saurik, @chpwn, @i0n1c, @rpetrich, and @iphone_dev. Sources outside of Twitter include ModMyi, Redmond Pie, the iPhone Dev-Team Blog, and various other gadget sites.

Q: Where can I find the old iOS jailbreaking thread?
A: The previous thread is located here.

maduin fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 4, 2011

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm in the process of jailbreaking and am getting error 1600 when I try to restore the custom firmware made by sn0wbreeze. This is for 4.2.8. There are conflicting reports on a simple google search. So what's up?

Try using iReb (available on ih8sn0w.com) to bypass the error.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

E1M5 posted:

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go ahead and give it a shot! Thanks. That's pretty much the reason I want to jailbreak my 3GS for - just themes and biteSMS essentially, maybe a new lockscreen.

Just to be 100% safe, I made a backup of my iPhone via iTunes, and I have the 4.3.3 firmware downloaded... in the event I want to go back, do I simply restore from backup or what? Because I've read a lot of different methods to doing this, and all of the information downpour is getting a little confusing.

If you have a backup of your device, yes you can go back to the state your phone is currently in by restoring from backup regardless of what happens. There's a link to Apple's support article regarding backups at the beginning of the thread.

Thread related: I'm going to use the second post as a sort of internal FAQ (as opposed to a general FAQ) to address questions that get asked a lot in this thread. That way the op is a little less daunting for people to read through. I've updated it with the packages.txt information, and if anyone remembers things that were repeatedly asked in the last iteration of the thread, just send me a PM and I'll add them.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Knives and Hot Dust posted:

that is all great and all but I have an ipod touch not an iphone.
Edit: Also OpenSSH seems to be for mac only.

I updated the second post with some information, but you don't need to install themes with SSH if it's confusing you. You can just search/install them via Cydia and then manage them with Winterboard. That's the entire purpose of Winterboard, to allow easy management of themes.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Cheeze Kuyeh posted:

Is there a decent flash viewer for os 4.x?

Nope.

Your options are either Frash (terrible, buggy, piece of poo poo jailbreak application which I'm not even sure works on the current iOS version) or Skyfire (available in Apple's App Store--an alternate browser which converts Flash videos to HTML5, but sucks pretty bad at doing it).

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Apps posted:

Doing a full restore via iTunes erases all traces of a jailbreak, correct? I'm not worried about the genius bar finding out I jailbroke or anything, but I've been having camera problems and I just wanted to make sure that some part of the jailbreak didn't gently caress up a system file or something and cause my camera to hang. If I do a full restore and set it up as a new phone and the camera problem persists, then it's a hardware issue and not anything to do with software, correct?

Yeah. A clean restore will completely remove the jailbreak. And yes, if it's still broken after a restore, it's a hardware problem--make sure you tell the Genius that you just did a restore too, because they'll probably suggest that.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Pertplus posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. I installed A theme with winterboard and now my icons are bunched up. How would I go about fixing this? I have already tried deselecting "transparent dock" in Winterboard as has been suggested in other forums.

Have you tried disabling Summerboard under the Winterboard settings?

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Users of all of the various tethering programs have received letters from AT&T, as have people using Slingplayer. It's impossible to hide your tethering, and you'll probably eventually receive a letter from them regardless of the program you use.

I guess when (and maybe if) you receive a letter depends on a few different factors--amount of use, frequency of use, etc--but they're, without a doubt, collecting information and flagging accounts for tethering to be addressed later.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

suddenlyissoon posted:

There was a report earlier where someone traced it back to the data APN relay that tethering went through. Basically, all the tethering programs were using the exact one that you would normally use if you paid for tethering instead of using the iphone 3g data that you would when you do not tether. PDANet was the first one to make a change. Haven't heard anything more since then.

How could you possibly get a letter for using slingplayer? That's a legitimate app with 3G service. I wonder how they'd justify that!

"According to the AT&T rep, if you stream your slingbox at home to your phone somewhere else, that's tethering because you're transferring data between a 3rd party device."

"I got an email on May 3 and that same text message today about tethering and I have never used tethering. My iPhone 4 is not jailbroken, and on Saturday I used slingplayer for 1 hour. On Tuesday I got an email saying that I have been tethering without a plan. I believe that this slingplayer app causing tethering is true and if so ATT is just looking for any way possible to get rid of unlimited data plans."

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

LamoTheKid posted:

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2011/06/02/ipad-2-jailbreak-tease/

Good on him for jailbreaking it. gently caress him for being such a cocktease about it.

I've liked that guy since he came onto the scene a few months ago. He's been great at trolling the millions of idiots hanging around the jailbreak community.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

mister ginger posted:

:filez: chat

That's pretty unfortunate. You should try not being an rear end in a top hat and paying for the application, I bet that would fix it!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 3, 2011

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Gtab posted:

Is there some reason my new iPhone 4, freshly jailbroken, keeps telling me to "Connect to Itunes to use Push Notifications", when they're turned on in the Settings? Ive never seen this message before this new phone.

Plugging the phone in has not changed this.

If you haven't even installed any jailbreak applications, just try restoring and doing it again--something probably hosed up on the install somehow. If you've installed something else, make sure it isn't toggled off somehow (i.e. SBSettings).

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

flyboi posted:

You have to install ssh onto your iphone, scp the .deb over and then use dpk -i blah.deb to install it.

I've found that it also ignores any notification settings you setup for 3rd party apps so those will have sound which is kind of annoying. I made my own version that disables sound and only flashes the screen for those. If you want that instead hollar and I'll upload it.

You can put it in the /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall folder (create the folder if you don't have it) as well, and it will be automatically installed. Might be easier. See http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=5730.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Over The Road posted:

I'm tearing my hair out trying to get Wi-Fi Sync to work properly.

I upgraded my iPad 1 to 4.3.3 ( from 4.2.1 ) using the latest redsn0w yesterday, in the process of getting everything back in order.

I'm on my second round of uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, I foolishly upgraded to 10.2, tried going back to 10.0.54 and am now installing 10.1.1.

Does Wi-F Sync even work on 4.3.3? I tried googling but it's an absolute mess of results.

It hasn't worked since like 4.1.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Diafthora posted:

Where do you guys go to check on the latest news/development on iPad 2 jailbreak info? I've been pretty much only checking this thread to see if anything's come up, but I like to torture myself by seeing the teasers, etc firsthand.

quote:

Q: Where can I get the most up-to-date jailbreaking information?
A: Sadly, probably Twitter. Some of the major contributors include @MuscleNerd, @comex, @saurik, @chpwn, @i0n1c, @rpetrich, and @iphone_dev. Sources outside of Twitter include ModMyi, Redmond Pie, the iPhone Dev-Team Blog, and various other gadget sites.

There's literally no news about a iPad 2 jailbreak, which is why there is no information about it in this thread.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

adm posted:

Setting up Phone GV Extension -- what would be an advantage of using Dial Back instead of Direct Dial? Seems to me I'd just opt for direct dial only?

If you have a plan with A-list or Friends & Family or whatever that poo poo is called, you can put your GV # on it and use dial back to use no minutes when calling. Otherwise, just use direct dial.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

supercow posted:

Sorry to butt in on the iOS5 talk but I have a quick problem with restoring my iphone (I had a problem last time and posted it but I pretty much bricked my phone and got a replacement at an Apple Store). So I jailbroke my phone again and it was working fine but something got weird with Cydia and all my packages and repositories went away and everything is blank and it's kind of weird now. So I thought it would be a good opportunity to upgrade my 3GS to 4.3.3 and rejailbreak. However I can't seem to restore my phone. When I try to restore and update, it gives me an error 3194. I've tried DFU mode and restore too but it gives me the same error. It happens when the bar says verifying iphone restore with apple. I'm already using the SHSH blobs with Cydia or something (I added the 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com line on the bottom of the host file) but it still doesn't work. I've also tried doing it after deleting that line but I get the same error. I also tried restoring it with the 4.2.1 ispw but I get the exact same error. Any advice?

The OP posted:

Note: if you have having trouble installing a firmware upgrade or performing a fresh install via iTunes, make sure that "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit" (located under the 'Advanced' tab) is not checked in TinyUmbrella:

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

So, how long until someone makes a Google Music jailbreak client?

I doubt it's a very high priority amongst developers since Apple's version comes out this fall and pretty much destroys Google's current offering.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Reminder: save your 4.3.3 SHSH using TinyUmbrella -now- because I'm sure Apple is going to patch this pdf exploit soon.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Pzykotic posted:

The reason I used jailbreakme was pretty simple: My iPhone had been working just fine running 4.2(.2 I think) so I never bothered to research or stay up to date on new jailbreaks. Along comes old reliable Comex/MuscleNerd/jailbreakme.com so I figured why the hell not and updated/restored last night.

Sorry for trying it the easy way I guess?

Here's about the best explanation I've found as to why BiteSMS (and limited other apps) aren't working correctly: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12895815&postcount=49

I'd imagine those jailbreak applications that aren't working because of the new type of jailbreak--and especially BiteSMS because of its active developers--will all be updated fairly shortly and begin working.

In the meantime, if you jailbroke with JailbreaMe.com and absolutely can't live without BiteSMS, just follow the how-to in the op and install redsn0w. The potential for better performance & fewer stability issues with a UnionFS-type jailbreak seems like it's worth putting up with BiteSMS not working until the developers fix it though.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Solly posted:

Well that's a kick in the nuts, I really hope my tiny umbrella thing worked because my current jailbreak install is a bit hosed. Suppose it could be ages until another security hole is found. Its a bit strange really that I have to hope my mobile device is unsecure in some way so I can get the most out of it.
Apple generally continues to sign the previous iOS firmware version for at least a few days after releasing a new version. I haven't checked myself, but you can probably install 4.3.3 and/or save the SHSH if you do it really soon.

There's also a .PDF vulnerability fix on Cydia, so jailbreaking your device and installing that patch actually removes any security risk.

maduin fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 15, 2011

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Zorilla posted:

When I put my iPad (4.3.3) into recovery mode, TinyUmbrella doesn't recognize the device and only displays a question mark and its ECID in the left pane. Is there a solution for this? Google just turns up results for people stuck in boot loops.

I'll try iSHSHit in the mean time, even though I find TinyUmbrella more convenient and would allow me to keep my SHSH backups in the same format as the ones I already did for my 3Gs.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but is there a reason you're putting your iPad into recovery mode before connecting it to TinyUmbrella and trying to save your SHSH blobs?

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

Ok I followed the SSH instructions in the OP and made the packages.txt file. I found the firmware on iClarified as well. If I restore from backup after the firmware install, do I also need to backup all my data using the DataDeposit app mentioned?

When I did my first jailbreak I used TinyUmbrella, but do I need to do that again? Do I do that after I jailbreak?

I'll tell you right now, you probably don't have a 4.3.3 shsh blob saved and I doubt Apple is signing it still. But yes, you'd need to run TinyUmbrella even to install 4.3.3 if Apple isn't signing it.

maduin fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 18, 2011

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

KingKapalone posted:

Are you saying that it's not possible to install 4.3.3 at this time because 4.3.4 came out? I thought you just can't downgrade. I'm just upgrading from 4.0.1.

You can't install any firmware except the one Apple is signing. Since Apple is now only signing 4.3.4, you can't install 4.3.3 without using TinyUmbrella--and even then, only with a SHSH saved (fully read the op if you're confused about this, because it's well explained). If you have your SHSH saved, open TinyUmbrella and click Start TSS server and restore via iTunes; then select 'Kick Device Out of Recovery' once your phone restores and iTunes errors.

If you don't have a 4.3.3 SHSH--again, TinyUmbrella will tell you this when you retrieve them from Cydia (Cydia is your only hope here, since you didn't manually save them), then you can't install 4.3.3.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Vinlaen posted:

I'm having a bit of a problem restoring from iOS 5 Beta 3 to 4.3.3. (I'm using TinyUmbrella with my saved blobs)

At first I was having it restore almost all the way but then iTunes was giving an error 1013 and the device would just reboot into recovery mode and I would have to start all over. (I think I also got a 3xxx error as well)

I did some research and used fixrecovery43.exe (from TinyUmbrella) and it WORKED but it looked like it was re-jailbreaking my phone again.

I just want to go back to 4.3.3 non-jailbroken.

Can I do something else to re-restore it and not have to use fixrecovery?

When you get error 1013 after restoring, select "Kick Device Out of Recovery" in TinyUmbrella.

Although if you're looking to have a non-jailbroken device and have your 4.3.3 shsh saved, you might as well just install 4.3.4, since you can always go back if you want it jailbroken in the future.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

mister ginger posted:

I stumbled across a potential solution for iPad 2 users looking to jailbreak. I will give it a shot once I get home, but am a little skeptical of jumping to 4.3.5 if it doesn't work out.

That isn't a solution, it's someone using SHSH blobs to restore and not understanding how to write a proper how-to.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

ephori posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I never upgraded to 4.3.3 in the first place, I wouldn't have the blobs I'd need anyway, right?

TinyUmbrella saves any SHSH blob that Apple is currently signing, regardless of what you have installed on your device.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

navyjack posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but everyone seems to know their tethering. The place where I'm living has a huge wifi dead spot that covers the deck where the grill lives. This is an awesome place to sit with the iPad, and I was wondering if pdanet or one of the other programs would let me put my phone in a spot where it gets wifi (probably 15-20 feet away from where I want to sit) and then tether my iPad to it. I still want to use the house wifi, not the 3G connection. Will that work?

Tethering uses the phone's 3G connection. The best thing for you to do would be to buy a repeater or something to extend your WiFi's range.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Baseband does downgrade when installing via Apple's servers. If I was on iOS 5 right now and wanted to downgrade and jailbreak, I would do a DFU restore to 4.3.5 via iTunes and then restore to 4.3.3 after that with TinyUmbrella.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

POCKET CHOMP posted:

What? This has never, ever been the case.

I'm no expert on beta software but since Apple's stance has always been "you can't downgrade betas" anyway, I don't know why this would change it.

As far as official releases are concerned, even back in the days before SHSHes and all that fun, baseband changes were one way and one way only. You could freely install whatever old version of iOS you wanted, but the baseband always stays on whatever the latest version was.

edit: and your post has nothing to do with basebands so I'm not sure if you're just confused or what.

I'm telling you right now, you're wrong. Baseband will downgrade--only to the version that corresponds to the version of iOS Apple is signing--if you're installing via Apple's servers. I've personally installed iOS 5 and gone back to previous versions and it has reverted my baseband without issue every time.

Apple doesn't support downgrading your iOS version from the beta version, meaning they're not going to help your stupid rear end do it after you realize the beta sucks, but if you put the phone into DFU mode and restore to a version Apple is signing without the use of any third-party (read: TinyUmbrella) tool, your phone will be exactly like it was when that version was first installed, baseband included.

You obviously can't restore from a backup though.

maduin fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 4, 2011

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Okay, I admitted that I am not 100% certain when it comes to betas and stuff, since I don't use them, but it sounds like you know what you're talking about. I still don't think this is the case with the normal software, although I guess it doesn't matter since there's only a day or two window where Apple is still signing something that isn't also the latest version (and thus the latest baseband). Thanks for the information though, anyway :) I was wrong.

I read the portion you quoted and I sounded like a douche; I didn't mean to, so I'm sorry.

frumpsnake posted:

Downgrading from iOS5 back to 4.3 does indeed downgrade your baseband. No, I hadn't heard of it being the case before either.

I still don't understand *why* exactly (if the only requirement is that Apple are still signing the older version, why can't you downgrade baseband with TinyUmbrella, and why did it seemingly only start occurring with iOS 5?).

It's always been the case, at least in iOS4--I never tried it on 3, but I'd assume it worked. It's just almost always a non-issue because, like POCKET CHOMP said, Apple only signs old firmware for a day or two of overlap with new versions, and most people just won't upgrade if they want the older firmware.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Kind of interesting news: Comex is apparently starting an internship at Apple next week.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Ziir posted:

Is it possible to psuedotheme without Winterboard yet? I just want to replace the icon for a few apps and I don't think that warrants installing such an invasive hack.

Just use SSH and replace the existing icon with the one you want to use.

Directory for applications on the phone is private/var/stash/applications, if I am remembering it off the top of my head correctly.

Look for icon@2x.png for the retina icon and replace it with your version.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

coldplay chiptunes posted:

It doesn't need to be jailbroken to do those things. ;)

It does if he wants to pirate those games!

Solly posted:

Looks like good news for an untethered ios5 jailbreak.

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-5-untethered-for-iphone-4-ipad-2-ipod-touch-actively-in-works/

From what I can tell this doesn't really confirm anything exists that works, just that there are still people (now that Comex is working for Apple) who are still trying to jailbreak iPhones. Unfortunately, with how many things iOS 5 has 'borrowed' from jailbreak applications, I feel like there'll be significantly less demand for a jailbreak outside of SBSettings, Retinapad, and themes--which is guess is both a good and bad thing.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Musclenerd visited Apple's headquarters. Good for him, and I hope it's about a job, but sucks for the JB community!

Wasn't Comex also hired a while ago?

I think Apple has decided that the best way to kill jailbreaking is to cut off its head (and then hire its head to work for them).

It'll be interesting to see if people continue to develop jailbreaks after iOS5 is released.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

keykey posted:

Is there any way to go back to ios 4.3.3 from ios 4.3.5? This whole tethered jailbreak thing is a major pain in the rear end.

Only if you have your shsh blob for 4.3.3 saved. And yes, tethered jailbreaks are horrible, which is why I haven't addressed jailbreaking 4.3.5 in the op.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

Whitezombi posted:

What would cause a jailbroken 3G unlocked for Tmobile to switch back to AT&T? My mom was driving in Colorado and it just changed.

Roaming onto an AT&T tower when no T-Mobile service is available?

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
Can someone installing a tethered 5.0 jailbreak via redsn0w confirm that the process is the same as the crossed out process in the op? If it is, I'll uncross that and mark it to be used for tethered jailbreaks; if it's different, please tell me where it's different so I can make the relevant changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maduin
Mar 4, 2003

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

What is the repository for BiteSMS? I had to unjailbreak and rejailbreak a few months ago and I forgot to add the repository for updates.

Also, I'm on 4.3.3 and am thinking of keeping my 4 after I get my 4S since I'll more than likely be traveling to Europe multiple times next year; is the unlock still a no go on this version of the OS?

Repo: http://test-cydia.bitesms.com

Unlock is independent of iOS version, and entirely dependent on the baseband version. If you installed 4.3.3 from Apple, your baseband isn't a version that has a software unlock available.

Roving Reporter posted:

A quick question regarding the beta repos, such as BigBoss or BiteSMS. If I add the beta repos now, and receive the respective updates, are the repos or Cydia smart enough to switch you over to the 'official' release when it becomes available? Or do you have to remove the beta source, and install the final release manually?

I'm just a little confused since you're pulling updates for 1 app from 2 different sources.

Yeah, it is.

• Locked thread