Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
So I've spent the last few hours searching and can't come up with an answer.

I know that you can't downgrade from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 or 6.1. I'm currently running 6.1 on a jailbroken iphone 5. I would like to do a restore to 6.1 (same version). Is this possible? I read somewhere that even though I would like to restore to the same version, it's considered a "downgrade" (not latest version) and will not work.

I do have a locally saved .shsh for 6.1 and have tried using tinyumbrella, but when it's about to start to restore I get error 11. I was able to get past that and got error 21.

With that being said, I have almost 3 gb of "other data" on my phone and am trying to do a restore if that fixes the issue of having so much space taken up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

The Dave posted:

Instead of messing with all that can you just try using something like PhoneClean?

Hmm, that looks like it would work. Unfortunately, it crashes as soon as I open it.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Have you tried iCleaner Pro? It's free in Cydia.

Repo is http://exile90software.com/cydia/

That worked! Cleared up 900mb. Thanks!

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
Is there anything similar to NoCoverFlow for ios 7?

I can't stand being in the music app and have it switch to the album view when it's in landscape mode.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Klungar posted:

I recently upgraded my 5 to 7.0.4 from 6.1.2 with the recent jailbreak, and while I'm mostly pleased with the change, there is one thing that is starting to bug me. I got some cheap Monoprice Lightning cables back when the 5 launched, and they worked perfectly fine for me in terms of charging and data transfer while I was on 6.1.2, but now on 7.0.4, every time I connect my phone to the cable attached to my computer, I get multiple error messages about whether or not I want to trust my computer and need to dismiss warnings about the cable not being official. Is there any way to disable this behavior? The cable still works for charging and data transfer, but it does seem like the charging doesn't start until I actually deal with these messages each time.

I think the "do you want to trust this computer?" thing is from iOS 7. I've gotten it before using an apple branded cable on my laptop that I regularly sync it with itunes. It doesn't happen everytime. Although I could be wrong.

Also, the monoprice cables are MFi certified so I don't think you should be getting any errors about it not being official. Maybe you can get them to replace it. I've never had any issues with my amazon branded cables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST
Is openbackup going to be the easiest way to backup my paid and free cydia apps?

• Locked thread