Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Hay, I'm trying to update my Cydia apps, but every time I try to refresh the "Changes" tab, I get "Error: POSIX: Operation time..."

What the gently caress does that mean and I how do I fix it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Feenix posted:

You probably bricked your iPhone.

But the thread title says that I probably didn't :confused:

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I'm trying to jailbreak an iPhone 4S using redsn0w 0.9.9b4 for Windows, and after I put it into DFU mode, it just pops up with "unexpected error". I'm not really sure how to get around this, and Googling doesn't have any answers.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Oh, I could've sworn that the jailbreakmatrix had 4S listed, but apparently it doesn't. Bollocks. There are a thousand cool things about iOS 5, but it still doesn't have SBSettings :(

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Sigvard posted:

Wheeee. No Icon hiding though.

Whoa. How do you set this up?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I never upgraded from 5.0.0, so hopefully the jailbreak will work for me, and I didn't miss my window. I would weep.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I'm frothing at the mouth because I can't get this jailbreak to work on Windows. I tried the regular installer, which puts the Absinthe icon on my page. I then open it, and jack poo poo happens.

I then tried the CLI method, which ends up with "Profile Failed to Install".

Googling reveals a lot of people with similar problems and no one with a goddamn answer. Argh.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Redsn0w works with A5 devices?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Hay, is there a jailbreak app that puts contacts into groups/circles? I keep seeing that awful commercial for the Samsung Galaxy, but it's actually a pretty good idea.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Hooray for a completely painless update process.

Backed up my phone, hit Restore, jailbroke with Absinthe, installed all of my jailbreak apps, then restored all of my settings. I think the only thing that didn't carry over was the fact that I had a few apps hidden by SBSettings, and that took all of thirty seconds to fix.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

So, I just got an iPad after months of debating whether the purchase would be worthwhile. Has anyone compiled a list of Jailbreak apps that I absolutely need to get? I have no idea what to do with this thing.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Right now I'll settle for a Clock. After Googling, I've realized that the question has been brought up by every single iPad owner ever. Still, I'm surprised that there isn't a Cydia app with the same functionality as Clock.app.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Yea, the only thing preventing from hocking my 4S and getting a 5 on release date is the fact that I'd have to go months without a jailbreak. FolderEnhancer and Infiniboard are straight up necessary, and I'm totally gay for Intelliscreen X.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Well, my desire to get an iPhone 5 just shot up. I was expecting that to take to months.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Ah, thanks for that explanation. I got really excited about the tweet from chpwn stating that it's jailbroken, but that totally makes sense that creating a delivery method will take even more time.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

So, what's the deal with the http/1.1 500 Internal Server Error problem that so many people are having? It's just the servers getting slammed, right? It only affects certain apps that I'm trying to install.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Ozu posted:

Springtomize 2 is pretty much the greatest UI tweak tool in existence, yes? I just cut out the need for about 10 separate installs including Iconoclasm, which is what prompted this purchase in the first place. It's amazing.

I already have Iconoclasm and Infinidock. What does Springtomize 2 do that those can't? I can't find any specific info that demonstrates why it's so awesome.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Dumb question: is there a tweak that allows to have the title of apps to be as long as I want? Seeing Mag...let for Mage Gauntlet is obnoxious.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Stupid question: Updating my carrier settings won't gently caress up a jailbreak, will it?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

The Dave posted:

And a lot of little minor tweaks. Like I love having weather on my lockscreen, I know I can slide down the notification center to see it, but I'd prefer no actions. Also attached to stupid poo poo like my 90%-sized icons and 5 icon dock.

Yep. I love Gridlock, Infiniboard/dock, Intelliscreen X, BiteSMS, FakeClockUp, Shrink...

Hell, I even like Barrel and Zeppelin and BytaFont even though they're completely aesthetic. It's just nice to have a sweet rear end customized phone that looks exactly how I want it to look.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Good god I hope they jailbreak iOS 7 faster than the initial release of 6. I'm due for an upgrade, but I need my sweet, sweet customization.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I must have messed up a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to reverse it. How do I get LockInfo to display calendar events that are happening today? It's still showing everything for the next month, but it's super frustrating that it won't show stuff for today.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Nope. Drives me nuts.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Yea, at this point I think I'm just going to upgrade to the 5S and give up my jailbreak. A number of apps that I use are going 7.0+ only, which is a bitch.

I'll miss you, BiteSMS :(

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Use Activator or Zephyr to make something else function as volume down?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I can't seem to find a good way to do a price comparison, so I figure I might as well ask here:

Am I likely to get more cash for a 16GB iPhone 4S if I sell it jailbroken on 6.1.2 or if I update it to the latest iOS?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

When I run, my phone jiggles around and tries to unlock. Ultimately, this results in a bunch of wrong passcodes being entered, and my phone gets disabled.

Short of disabling passcode protection, is there any way to just prevent my phone from disabling? gently caress it, if my phone gets stolen, I'll gladly give someone infinite chances to randomly guess my password.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

It's in a pouch of a water bottle belt, so it jiggles against my back. I'm guessing that somehow the sleep button gets hit, so the screen turns on, and on-screen numbers get hit randomly until the phone disables itself.

• Locked thread