Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I've noticed the same thing on my phone Feenix. I always just assumed it was either SlantedLock, or the strange "ios4.3 noslider.theme" that I used to get rid of the slider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Earlier I was able to hit the pdf from the ryanlobbins.com site, but after Safari would close, nothing would happen, even after restarting. Wifi iPad2, running 4.3.3. Same deal from the (working) links at http://www.iphonehowtojailbreak.com/jailbreakme

Ah well, guess I gotta wait for the real release.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Between this and BBSettings today was pretty good. Holy poo poo BBSettings especially, this is so more slicker than SBSettings.
Can you access BBSettings from anywhere (in-app, etc)?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Finally had a chance to jailbreak 5.0 (iphone4), and I was running into the similar DFU-mode trouble. Following the redsn0w instructions wouldn't work, so instead I would just hold power+sleep to turn off (no slide), then letting go of sleep while the phone was booting, and it would kick it into DFU every time.

Oh BiteSMS and Five Icon Dock, how I've missed you. :love:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

ReidStylez posted:

So you were at the apple logo and then you held power and home till the apple logo came back on and then you let go of power button?
Release power before you see the Apple logo - that's what tripped me up. I did it like this: redsn0w is on the "pleas make sure your device is off screen". While the phone was on (either waiting for recovery or simply 'on'), I would hold power and home until it shutdown - the "slide to unlock" message would pop up, but then the phone would shut off automatically. At that point release the sleep button (still hold home), and redsn0w would almost immediately pick it up for the reboot.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

ConfusedNudeMan posted:

I am not asking for anyone to make a decision for me. I just wanted to see what people in my situation were doing or have done. So you really like the 4S that much that you are going to upgrade to it? No jailbreak out for it all yet, or is that of no concern to you at the moment? Just curious. I personally don't like the 4S.
I had a jailbroken iPhone4 on 4.3.1 for the longest time. Upgraded to the base 4.3.3 a week or two before 5.0 came out. Updated to 5.0, used that for a while. Decided I wanted BiteSMS and SBSettings back, so I jailbroke 5.0. I personally am of the mindset that a untethered jailbreak isn't that huge of a thing (to me). If for some reason my phone has to restart in the middle of the day, I can manage just fine without the few jailbroken features I use until I get home.

I think BiteSMS is still technically a beta, but it works fine. SBSettings is compatible with 5.0, so it works fine. I haven't noticed any excess battery drain or anything along those lines.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I always chalk the home button acting up to various apps that just must suck when it comes to memory usage. The recent Sqauresoft games (Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Trigger) were the worst offenders for me. Close them, kill the app, and things go back to normal. Open them, play, and things will be normal for a while, but eventually the home button will start acting up again. I've seen it with a few of the bigger EA apps as well.

This all happened on an iPhone 4, running 5.0 tethered. I haven't tried to repeat the problem since upgrading to 5.0.1 untethered.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I installed PDANet last month while I was on travel for work, and it absolutely crushed my phone's battery. I could watch the percentage points (which I turned on just to test the problem) tick down every couple of minutes. Uninstalled, and the battery went back to normal. It was pretty strange. TetherMe worked fine though.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
BiteSMS soley for the reason that you can send/respond-to messages without having to switch to the messaging app. I have no idea why iMessage hasn't gotten this functionality yet.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Is there a carrier changer that works with Sprint? I miss my rocketship/flame service.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I was hoping for something that I just toss in any emoji (or text) that I wanted to. But it looks like I can make this work. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Is there a (more recent) App Update Hider that works? I want to ignore an update to an app, but don't want to turn off the badges all together. "Update Hider" on Cydia stopped working with 4.3 apparently.

• Locked thread