Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hey guys, just jailbroke for the first time! I think I have everything I want, the one thing I've been dissatisfied with is trying to add weather to my lock screen without it looking like poo poo. Are the only apps that intelliscreen and lockinfo? I think lockinfo looks really ugly and I would love just the notification center weather below the time, but I don't want the whole notification center there (which intelliscreen does).

Or is this something that winterboard can handle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just don't like the look of lockinfo, or is that something that can be changed?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

converge posted:

Try Forecast in Cydia.

It's so close to what I want but I just find it ugly. I'm really being a picky bitch designer about this.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Blimpkin posted:

Typophone + Typophone Weather? Typophone is a divisive tweak in the community but may satisfy your needs?

Yeah hate the look of Typophone. I think what I would ultimately like is something just like Forecast but with a little bit of a better layout. I found a winterboard theme I really really like but I'd like it to just work with stock notifications and not theme them: http://www.ifans.com/forums/imgcache/13207.png

EDIT: gently caress it just going with forecast.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 28, 2013

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hmm I wonder if Winterboard is what destroyed my Words with Friends and Trivie.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I went with NCSettings over SBSettings just because the default theme is so so much better. Thankfully I only use it for airplane mode toggle.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Does anyone here use test flight to test apps? I had to reinstall their profile since jail breaking and next thing I know all of these icons are on my springboard:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Blimpkin posted:

I usually test apps manually, but when that happens a respring should fix it right up.

It sure did! Thanks!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No there's a bug in the new chrome. If you can you can rush to the settings before it crashes, and turn off reporting back to google. That will fix it for the time being.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE posted:

:aaaaa:

edit: actually, I just tried this on Win7 and it didn't work - is it just an OSX thing?

It depends on the program I think but yes it's pretty common. You don't think devs delete by character all the time do you?

EDIT: VVVVVVVVVV Ahhhhh, touche.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 7, 2013

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

nene. posted:

THE MOTHERFUCKER BACKED UP MY IPHONE WITHOUT ASKING AND I LOST EVERYTHING ON THE MANUAL BACKUP I MADE

Check the folder apple puts the backups in. There's a chance your manual backup is still there, sometimes it keeps 2 or 3 old backups. Though if it did I think you're supposed to be able to select them via a drop down.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Are you on a Mac or PC?

My advice would be if there are no old backup folders in the file system to try out one of those programs that can scan your HD for files that were deleted but not removed from the HD.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm pretty sure you could just get the 6.1.2 ispw file and hit shift + click restore and choose that firmware specifically.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hamburlgar posted:

Damned awful app won't let me edit!

Velox will be $1.99!!

Try logging out then back in?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Instead of messing with all that can you just try using something like PhoneClean?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

My boss did last week and it had 6.0.2 on it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Wow, FlatIcons is an amazing theme. Even has Awful already themed!

Ummm can you screen that? Just curious. Sort of working on the future design direction of Awful right now and trying to be respectful to future styles.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I see what ya mean, just reduced it to 3 colors.

Looks like slice doesn't want to play fair.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

benisntfunny posted:

I cringe every time you post your very ugly phone screen.

I was really waiting for someone else to say it first.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just don't find it visually pleasing. There's a lot of clutter / visual static.

- Not a fan of the background but that's not so important.
- Don't like the background behind the clock, or the spacing of the clock.
- The "Tap to close all Apps" is just awful. Hurts the flow of everything, should be an icon.
- Custom carrier signals just never look good or cool
- The 3d perspective on the flat circular icons in the dock looks really, really bad. The way it's done the icons don't have any depth, at all, and just look deformed. A similar experience with better results would be the side icons being smaller but straight on.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is there an obvious method I'm missing to take a mp3 from my Macbook and get it on my phone without iTunes?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I already had the files and was didn't have the ability to re up and download it. Ended up using iFile.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah crazy that after all this time biteSMS is still so awesome.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The one thing I'm worried about is bluetooth. I have a pebble and it's night and day with jailbroken / stock iOS. Stock iOS doesn't push out most of the alerts for 3rd party apps (might be all but I don't know).

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

What happens when you go to the usage tab in settings? Are there a bunch of apps just using up temporary space?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If you install BTNotificationEnabler then all your phone's notifications will be sent to the pebble. It's great.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Any killer iOS7 winterboard themes? Thinking about taking the plunge.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

No no you got it. Is that the one on ithemesky? I found one but it made my lockscreen black.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Thanks! I actually think it's the one I had installed before, I just didn't have the lockscreen working right before.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Seems like no matter what I do inside of winterboard, the large weather widget icon won't change. Oddly enough though if I open the weather app it is changed.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hahaha oh no they are!

Also looks like spongeworthy has the same problem with the weather widget.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The weather image used in the large widget on the lockscreen didn't change to the simplistic style.

Opening the weather app shows the icon it should be using:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Sounds like a fix is in the works. I don't know if my phone made all the theme changes it was supposed to though. Like I think it didn't change the default UI elements in apps like settings.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Basically everything that has iOS7 in the name. Is the navbar for settings supposed to be grey now? Everything else is iOS7-ified.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I'm only asking because mine is still blue.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If anyone wants to change Awful's icon to something a little more iOS7-y, have at it: http://imgur.com/a/s8zde#1

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

iOS 7 Theme by pw5a29 on ModMyi.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Is there anything for saving a streaming video file to my camera roll? I have universal video downloader, but that only saves to its own folder and when I found the video in iFile it looked like it was chopped up into a bunch of smaller files.

Basically what happened is I wanted to stream an episode of Comedians in Cars getting Coffee to my tv, which is only available on their site. I have ZappoTV to send videos to my TV no problem, but stuck on the getting the video into my camera roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Damnit I really want to get my buddy who is still on iOS5 to get to iOS6 but unless I physically have his phone it's not going to happen.

• Locked thread