Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I just learned that folders can only hold so many apps. Is there some Cydia app for iPad that will let my folders hold more apps?

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Vertigus posted:

I like Infinifolders. Does nothing but let you put as many apps in a folder as you want and let you scroll through them, so no interface changes or performance issues.

You couldn't have posted this two days ago? I'm not a huge fan of the UI on FolderEnhancer but I already bought it so good enough.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

choobs posted:

It also looks like Apple recently started allowing Paypal for payment, if you're more comfortable with that.

On this topic, does anybody know if you can choose your funding source if you choose to pay with Paypal, or if it uses a default source?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

ReidStylez posted:

I jailbroke using redsn0w on 4.3.3. It made me use a modified firmware it made. Is it possible for me to get all my notes back that is in my back up? I can do this by restoring but if I do that won't I lose my jailbreak?

Just sync with your existing iTunes account and you'll have all your stuff back. As long as you aren't restoring the firmware itself, you'll be fine.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

How can I get the books I uploaded to iBooks back onto my PC? I can copy them within iTunes but can't seem to paste them anywhere. I tried getting at them with Calibre but it always gave an error.

edit: managed to find the book through iFile and transfer it via the iFile server.

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 24, 2011

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

randyest posted:

ManualCorrect (spell check without autocorrect, or reversed autocorrect, or custom dictionary)
StayOpened

Thanks for posting these. These two things used to drive me bonkers.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Does the pdf exploit affect all ios devices or just iPad2? Do I need to patch my jailbroken iPad?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Is there anything in cydia that will stop pages in Safari from refreshing when I switch back to that tab/window? it's pretty much my only gripe with the browser (also lack of tabs I guess).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

burmart posted:

If this qualifies as a "Filez" discussion I'll get rid of it. My iPad generally never leaves my house and is wifi only. I'd like to use it to use the free version of spotify when I'm in my house away from my computer. Is there a way to have spotify streaming work on the iPad without subscribing?

Use Splashtop to connect to your PC and stream the PC audio to the iPad? Of course, I don't think you'd be able to exit Splashtop and keep the music playing, so you'd be stuck not being able to use other apps while the music is playing.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Since spending five days connected to public (hospital) WiFi, my iPad cannot connect to the App Store app. Every time I launch it, it immediately says "cannot connect to the iTunes store". I've tried rebooting, changing my password, logging out, but nothing seems to work. I've found suggestions on Google but none of that has been useful. Has anybody had this issue and knows how to fix it? I'm still on 4.3.3 4.3.1. Could that be an issue?

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 3, 2011

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

McJogurt posted:

I've never upgraded past 4.1, so... no?

You don't have to upgrade to save your blobs but you obviously didn't so no.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Over The Road posted:

I'm currently running a jail broken iPad 1 with 4.3.3. I'm pretty anal about backing up my shsh blobs with five saved to my computer, dropbox and emailed to myself between 4.2.1 and 4.3.5.

I would like to get hold of a blob for 5.0, but so far both tiny umbrella and ishshit are coming up short. From past experience dating back to the original PSP it's always the first releases of new firmware which have the greatest potential for jail breaking so I would like to give myself some future insurance if I do decide to upgrade to 5.0 and Apple have already released new versions.

tldr: shsh blobs for 5.0 GM - how?

Are you running the latest Tiny Umbrella (5.00.12)? I just tried it and it grabbed the 5.0gm no problem.

P.S. was your post really long enough for a tl;dr?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Rick Rickshaw posted:

Thanks for this. Totally didn't know you could backup an SHSH for a firmware you didn't have installed. Sweet

I chuckled at the tl;dr. Worth it.

Well then this'll blow your mind: if you have used Tiny Umbrella once, you don't need to hook up your device to backup you SHSC, just select it from the list.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

htabz posted:

Can't you just downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 then jailbreak?

Not if you don't have the SHSH for it :confused:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

ReidStylez posted:

Anyone on iPhone 4 installed SIRI yet?

I thought the team that got it working wasn't going to release it because it would be :filez:. Did that change?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Bouchacha posted:

I'm not sure I understand. I have jailbroken 4.0 and want to upgrade to 4.3.3 and not 5.0. I'm pretty sure I had my shsh saved back when I installed Cydia a while back. How do I go forth?

Download TinyUmbrella, plug your device in, open Tinyumbrella and click the Get SHSH button, and if it downloads the 4.3.3 one, you're good to upgrade (downgrade?).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Bouchacha posted:

I was able to save my SHSH through that, but how exactly can I upgrade to 4.3.3? The only option available on iTunes is 5.0

You have to google for the 4.3.3 IPSW for your device and install it by shift-clicking on the restore button in itunes.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Martytoof posted:

Oh OK so it's normal for Cydia to not be saving them right now? I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something wrong on my end :)

You'd be wise to email them to yourself every time you save them anyway, in case something happens to Cydia.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

If I have the 4.3.3 SHSH for my iPad 1, is there any reason I can't try out the 5.0.1 tethered jailbreak and revert back if I don't like it?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Shaocaholica posted:

Well I tried following guides for 4.3.1 and 4.3.2 and none of them worked. It seems to be failing on the handshake. Pointing the apple server to the cydia backup server didn't work even though I had my SHSH backed up there for sure.

Install TinyUmbrella, plug your device in, click Get SHSH and see what happens. It'll tell you and download every blob that are backed up plus the 5.0.1 blob, and it'll save them in c:\users\[user]\.shsh

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

randyest posted:

Is there a purpose to installous other than piracy? I'm genuinely curious.

Reverting to an old version of an app if the new version doesn't work for you. Probably still considered piracy though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

randyest posted:

iSwifter (no JB required.)
Frash (JB required.)
If you've a PC or Mac on all the time use Splashtop as a proxy.

I had decent results with Puffin browser, though it's been ~six months since I last used it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Are white icons still a problem? I recall that they were working on a fix but I haven't heard much since.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

huhu posted:

Does anyone know off a tweak that will stop iTunes from trying to sync the apps from my iPod to my computer every time I connect? I'm running out of HD space and I've got like 4GB of apps stored on my computer that I don't need.

Edit -> Preferences -> Devices: Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Is there a go-to resource on jailbreak statuses for all devices (besides this thread)? I keep checking back to see if there is a 5.1 untethered jailbreak for the 4S but everytime I google it I need to sift through various websites that are obviously capitalizing on the lack of a clear resource on the subject ("Jailbreak any device with our service! A4, iPad2, iPad3, A5! Only 10 USD!" or whatever).

Edit: Sigh, should have read the OP more thoroughly. Here's the list in the second post that answers my question: "Q: Where can I get the most up-to-date jailbreaking information?
A: Probably Twitter. Some of the major contributors include @MuscleNerd, @comex, @saurik, @chpwn, @i0n1c, @rpetrich, and @iphone_dev. Sources outside of Twitter include ModMyi, Redmond Pie, the iPhone Dev-Team Blog, and various other gadget sites."

http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com/chart

• Locked thread