Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antigen v2.0
May 16, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bleak Gremlin
Anyone else installed untrackerd to disable the "unintentional" automatic location tracking? I didn't feel like spending the time to map my location file like others did but I checked and it was 270MB , I kinda wish I had. I think that file has tracking info of everywhere I went for 3 years...freaky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigen v2.0
May 16, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bleak Gremlin

ghost posted:

First, I think you can just install the newest version of iOS and it doesn't keep but a few days of location cache. Second, I don't think it started keeping a cache until iOS 4, so it's more like a year's worth of data (and usually only when your device requested--with your knowledge--to use location services). Just sayin'.

I started reading and people who had plotted the location data were saying it had cached everywhere they went and they only had like 30-70 megabyte files.

Antigen v2.0
May 16, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bleak Gremlin
Running 4.3.3 with the older baseband, Ultrasn0w fixes the signal bar issue but causes mobilesubstrate crashes non stop for me. Right now I'm just running with a hosed up signal bar, I want to be able to sell this as an unlocked phone when iPhone 5 comes out. Annoying but I'm living with it.

• Locked thread