Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
MX Tube is free and that works for downloads as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I really hope the 6.1 jailbreak works. I've wanted to upgrade, but didn't want to lose Inifidock, Folder Enhancer, and having Chrome as my default browser.

Plus, I use a Wii-mote to play an SNES emulator on my iPad, which is pretty awesome - but doesn't work without jb.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Is the cleanest way to upgrade from jb 5.1 to 6.1 a full wipe, then upgrade, then re-jailbreak?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
There's this Cydia app called "AppCent" which would put a progress percentage underneath app icons when they were being downloaded and installed from the AppStore - I can find it here on the Cydia search, but it doesn't show up on any search through Cydia directly.

How can I get it installed on my iPad? Do I need to use my PC, or is there some Cydia setting I need to change?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Seems like everything hosted on BigBoss is having problems this morning; the other repositories seem to be working okay now.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I'm on a Wifi-only iPad 2, and I finally upgraded to 6.1 once the jailbreak dropped the other week. Is there any urgent reason I need to jump to 6.1.2 at the moment (critical fixes, etc)?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Team THEOLOGY posted:

^^

Ill assume you didn't mean to come of as crass as you did but the adjectives make me unsure.

Anyway...

Well thanks for all the input guys, I caved hard.

You all make pretty good points. This ok?

That mix of rounded corners with point-corner squares would drive me batshit crazy.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
As long as they increase the number of icons in a folder, I won't need to JB. The current limit is ridiculous.

Also, blah blah Newsstand sucks.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

benisntfunny posted:

It will be unlimited. Mentioned it in the keynote.

Oooooooh.

I still really like the features added by SwipeSelector, RetinaPad, and Infinidock, though. Plus my SNES emulator.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 11, 2013

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I may be upgrading to a new iPad soon - what're the prospects of an 6.1.3 jailbreak at this point? Any chance there's a way of downgrading to 6.1.2?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Hamburlgar posted:

Unlikely. My iPhone 5 came with 6.1.3 out of the box. I'd imagine most iPads are the same now.

This is one I'd be buying used (though it would be an upgrade to me). So we'll see...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
A similar question to Zigmidge's: if a jailbroken iPad is on 5.x, can it be upgraded to 6.1.2 and stay jailbroken?

• Locked thread