Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

mewse posted:

This was pretty obviously his goal the whole time

iOS 5 to have better notification system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Can you guys do a sanity check on my procedure for downgrading my old iPhone 3G to 3.1.3:

1. Load TinyUmbrella making sure to uncheck the Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit option
2. Launch iTunes and Restore 3.1.3
3. Load Spirit and jailbreak.

How does that look?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

LamoTheKid posted:

You don't have to gently caress around with TinyUmbrella at all with a 3G.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2010/07/how-to-downgrade-iphone-3g-from-ios-4-to-iphone-os-3-1-3.html

Very nice! Thanks for the link.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
I have a sneaky suspicion that the latest version of Cydia is not fully compatible with firmware 3.1.3 (possibly all 3.x series). Does anyone on iOS 4 have this issue?

Basically, after installing a Cydia app, it'll ask me to Restart Springboard. I click the button and the screen goes black with the rotating circle animation.. and it hangs there. I left it going for about 15-20 minutes the other night. Only way to get out of it is to do a hard poweroff (power button + home button hold). On reboot, everything is fine, but it makes it a real pain to install stuff.

This is on my old iPhone 3G which I'm using as a glorified iPod Touch now. I had to do the old Exit Recovery from Tiny Umbrella to get it to load 3.1.3, I'm wondering if something went wacky with that.

Any ideas, or is it just poo poo out of luck and I should go back to 4.2.1?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Milo Pollywalter posted:

Yes, the same vulnerability used for 6.0.2 is present in 6.1, says planetbeing

Also be sure to do a full restore via iTunes (rather than a delta update)

What's the reasoning behind this? (I assume a delta update is done from the iPhone via wi-fi, right?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Binary Badger posted:

Well, even if you did an OTA update (not me), can't you just do a full restore of 6.1 over it and be jailbreak ready? Or does one OTA update ruin your device forever?

I'm guessing if you did an OTA update, then did a shift restore with a full IPW of 6.1, you'd get a clean firmware update. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Locked thread