Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
Prompt on the App Store is a great SSH app and works fine as a terminal if you connect to localhost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
How can I force install a package while ignoring its iOS dependency?

I'm running 4.3.3. I tried apt-get install sbsettings-tether but it says:

code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  sbsettings-tether: PreDepends: firmware (< 4.2) but 4.3.3 is to be installed

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

Xenomorph posted:

Just a note, the "correct" SBSettings toggle for tethering I found is called SBSetting Tethering Toggle by Filipe Pina (not SBSettings Tether Toggle by Ryan Petrich). Note the missing s on "SBSetting".

There are two in the store. The one spelled right is broke, the one that isn't spelled right works.
You're asking how to force an install of a broken program (sbsettings-tether). One that is thankfully limited since it doesn't work. com.fopina.sbtethering is the correct package.

Thanks. That must've been the one I was using before I had to restore.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

LamoTheKid posted:

Didn't BiteSMS gently caress with Facebook a while back? Or vice versa? Not a big deal considering how bad the FB app is.

The awfulness of the Facebook app got to me; I'm now using a home-screen icon for http://touch.facebook.com. Notifications are handled by Boxcar. It's much less frustrating.

• Locked thread