Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

ReidStylez posted:

Anyone used dreamboard?

Do I have to uninstall winterboard?

I bought it on a whim of boredom the other night. I don't think there is a need to uninstall winterboard, it seems to run over springboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005
Oops sorry, thats my bad

mister ginger fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 3, 2011

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005
Has anyone ever had a problem with apps that were bought on the i-tunes app store quitting instantly, once their iphone has been jailbroken?

It seems that every app that I have purchased will open for about a split second, and then close.

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

randyest posted:

Reboot if you haven't tried that.

Rebooted numerous times, still does it. Read about the same issue on the macrumors forum, someone suggested deleting all the apps off of my itunes and then re-installing them. Not sure if I should try that or not...

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

Richman777 posted:

Alright, looks like Calendar Colors is live in Big Boss.

Apparently there is some theme from ModMyi that is also called Calendar Colors - oh well. Check it out if you guys want.

Simply lets you change the calendar highlights natively in the Settings.app.

I've been waiting for something like this! Thanks!!

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005
I just bought an iPad 2 on 4.3. I've been trying all day to update it to 4.3.3 but once it gets to the "preparing iPad for restore" stage it hangs for a while until an error window pops up. Also running the most recent version of tiny umbrella. Is this possible?

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

bulbous nub posted:

Apple is no longer signing SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 so unless you had those saved previously, you're not going to be able to update to it.

So my only hope is finding another wifi iPad 2 running 4.3.3 and save its blobs?

mister ginger fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 27, 2011

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005
Thanks for your help guys. All my anticipation to get my new shiny white (why did I pick white) iPad is gone. This thing is useless to me without jailbreaking :awesome:

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

EC posted:

There should be a name for people who spend $500 on a device they consider useless unless they can install crappy themes on it.

Themes? Winterboard will never find a home on my iPad.

Feenix posted:

To be fair, there is plenty of cool poo poo you can do with Jailbreaking. But to buy an iPad and consider it worthless at it's core functionality is just...

...Really?!

My MacBook is on the verge of giving out. I bought an iPad in hopes that I could use it as a desktop replacement. I've set up logmein ignition so I still have access to my MB. Tweaks like btstack, activator and sbsettings are essential to me in order to at least give the iPad a chance of replacing my mobile computer.

I stumbled across a potential solution for iPad 2 users looking to jailbreak. I will give it a shot once I get home, but am a little skeptical of jumping to 4.3.5 if it doesn't work out.

mister ginger fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 27, 2011

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

maduin posted:

That isn't a solution, it's someone using SHSH blobs to restore and not understanding how to write a proper how-to.

So he left out running tiny umbrella while doing the restore? The only time it comes into play during the tutorial is to kick the device out of recovery.

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

DarkJC posted:

He left out the fact that you need to have saved the SHSH blob for the firmware you want to downgrade to for his guide to work.

edit: oh wait, he didn't leave that out, it's the second sentence :downs:

He does mention blobs but at no point during the tutorial does he bring them into play.

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

IllegallySober posted:

This is very likely a stupid question but I'll ask anyway:

iPhone 4, JB at 4.3.3 with relevant SHSH's saved. If I update to 5.0, and decide I can't live without biteSMS, there should be nothing about the 5.0 update that prevents me using TinyUmbrella and returning to 4.3.3, correct?

(I'm aware of the currently tethered 5.0 JB, but have no desire to run tethered. I'm also not an unlocker.)

Currently running 5.0 with a bitesms beta and loving it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

Djarum posted:

So I am not sure what is wrong here.

I finally broken down and installed iOS 5 on my 3GS and jailbroke it with redsn0w. Cydia seemed to install just fine, I had to reboot and set redsn0w to boot it tethered. In Windows it won't detect my iPhone in DFU at all, in OSX it will and I can reboot the phone. Problem is it is not jailbroken once it is rebooted.

Any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it?

I went through this when my phone died at work. Windows seems to have an issue installing the right driver for the iPhone when it's not fully booted. My solution was plugging it into every USB port and uninstalling drivers until it worked. The only fix I've come up with is plugging my phone into every USB port while my phone is booted to iOS as prep for the inevitable.

• Locked thread