Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
New moblienotifier beta is out. This time around it is actually usable and loving slick.
http://www.peterhajas.com/blog/2011/5/29/mobilenotifier-beta5-ecstatic-eggo.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

status posted:

I sure hope this fix the sound bug that has existed since the first beta and could be fixed with 2 lines of code changes.

edit: half fixed. Still double the sounds on SMS, still vibrating for everything - even when some apps aren't set up to vibrate. :( I need a Mac.

If you tell me the fix I could probably get it rebuilt for you.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Xcode 4 is taking forever to install but once it's done I'll run a build and see how it goes.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Jesus CHRIST the build instructions on mobilenotifier are retardedly complex. I'll have to do this after work.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

status posted:

Sure. I am almost certain this is the problem, but I've never been able to test:

https://github.com/peterhajas/MobileNotifier/blob/master/MNWhistleBlowerController.m

Comment out everything in alertArrivedWithData except for the [_delegate wakeDeviceScreen]; line. Even that I'm not sure is necessary since notifications should wake the screen regardless.

I'm fairly sure the entire class is unnecessary. What he's doing is causing vibrate no matter what the alert is, and playing a hard coded system sound (which is Tri-Tone apparently) for text messages.

By doing this there was no sound at all... I'll play with this routine and see if I can fix it.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So here's what I've got:
code:
-(void)alertArrivedWithData:(MNAlertData*)data;
{
    // Check if silence switch is enabled
    CFStringRef state;
    UInt32 propertySize = sizeof(CFStringRef);
    AudioSessionInitialize(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); 
    AudioSessionGetProperty(kAudioSessionProperty_AudioRoute, &propertySize, &state);
    if(CFStringGetLength(state) == 0)
    {
       // Vibrate the phone since silence is enabled
       AudioServicesPlaySystemSound(kSystemSoundID_Vibrate);
    }
    else
    {
       //This is what I need to fix
    }

// Wake the device's screen
    [_delegate wakeDeviceScreen];

}
The problem is to actually get the settings for current notification tone and to use it require some hidden APIs and my knowledge of iOS is almost nothing. Got any resources I can read through?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Well, it now notifies and vibrates correctly but I can't figure out how to figure out what the system has the notification tone set to. Currently it will vibrate only if on silent and will vibrate if you have it enabled with audio on and not vibrate if you have vibration disabled while audio is on:
http://www.mediafire.com/?d14k48e67my5j17

code:
-(void)alertArrivedWithData:(MNAlertData*)data;
{
    // Check if silence switch is enabled
    CFStringRef state;
    UInt32 propertySize = sizeof(CFStringRef);
    AudioSessionInitialize(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); 
    AudioSessionGetProperty(kAudioSessionProperty_AudioRoute, &propertySize, &state);
    if(CFStringGetLength(state) == 0)
    {
       // Vibrate the phone since silence is enabled
       AudioServicesPlaySystemSound(kSystemSoundID_Vibrate);
    }
    else
    {
       AudioServicesPlayAlertSound(1007);
    }

// Wake the device's screen
    [_delegate wakeDeviceScreen];
}

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

status posted:

After some more poking around, there seems to be a lot of stuff in Tweak.xm related to hooking into the original push system. Check at line 314. Seems to be where most of the stuff is going on.

From what I can tell reading through that method, it hooks into the push system and intercepts anything coming through, and if it's the correct type (SMS, MSS, VM, etc) it'll send the data along to his system and not let the OS do anything else with it - ie play sounds, vibrate, pop up a message, etc - but if it's some other type of alert (Say a password entry for the App Store or something I guess) it'll let the OS continue with the %orig call at the end. All the push data is in the 'item' object that's received. What it contains outside of the stuff he pulls from it I have no idea.

As far as resources to read through, I have nothing. I've never done any jailbreak dev before.

Well I found a resource with the private framework headers but no documentation makes finding this poo poo a needle in a haystack.

https://github.com/rpetrich/iphoneheaders

And it appears they use a lot of the private frameworks, just a matter of finding which ones to use for the notification tone.

Edit: I found where the tone is set at least on the file system:
sms-sound-identifier
in com.apple.springboard.plist

Hopefully some googlefu will bring what apis are required.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 1, 2011

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So I got a bit of insight off github working with them and fixed notification sounds/vibration on mobilenotifier so they now work just as they should based off your phone settings!

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndlrjs2sxw3d1br

edit: https://github.com/sammargh/MobileNotifier/commit/42c91f3115f4a5eab461abddcc54565372249526 and https://github.com/sammargh/MobileNotifier/commit/b488d3ef5d6e6408d1b1837fc1baae2ec7aba377#diff-0 commit for those that care

editx2: just committed to the master repo so fix will be in place for beta 6

flyboi fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 5, 2011

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Venkmanologist posted:

I'm fairly new to jailbreaking and just installed MobileNotifier today, and this problem was bugging the poo poo out of me. How do I go about getting your code onto my phone? Do I have to add it as a source on Cydia?

You have to install ssh onto your iphone, scp the .deb over and then use dpk -i blah.deb to install it.

I've found that it also ignores any notification settings you setup for 3rd party apps so those will have sound which is kind of annoying. I made my own version that disables sound and only flashes the screen for those. If you want that instead hollar and I'll upload it.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So the dev branch of mobilenotifier has a cool new feature: if you're in app/spring board and you receive notifications you can swipe left/right between all the notifications and if it's a text you can reply to it from there, swipe to the next and repeat et al.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
(Posting with mod approval)

DOWNGRADING FROM iOS 5 BETA BACK TO 4.2.8 WITH JAILBREAK ON A VERIZON CDMA iPHONE:

Thinks you need:
Windows
4.2.8 ipfw
iREB RC4
iH8SN0W

I tried a lot in osx but could not get this to work as there is no iREB equivalent. Without iREB you will get either error 1600 or 21 every time you try to flash the jailbroken firmware in iTunes. Basically download the 4.2.8 ipk, run the iH8SN0W package to build a custom ipfw and then use iREB on your phone. After a few seconds it will say HEY READY TO GO!

Open up itunes in windows, hold shift and click restore. Select the custom ipfw from your desktop, let it flash and then you will be back on 4.2.8 with jailbreak. Sometimes the flash is unable to get your phone out of recovery mode. This is easily fixed by using fix recovery43.exe found here http://jaxov.com/2011/05/fix-ios-4-3-3-recovery-loop-on-iphone-4-3gs-using-tinyumbrella-fix-recovery/

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So I'm a little confused about SHSH blobs. Why are these so important? I was able to downgrade from 5.0 to 4.2.8 on my Verizon iPhone by just creating the .ipsw and flashing it using iREB. I was under the impression you need SHSH blobs to be able to downgrade but that seems to not be the case. Can someone clarify this for me please?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So my SHSH blobs were backed up using cydia.. Should I also keep them locally or how can I pull them from the cydia server?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Nam Taf posted:

Keep them locally because Cydia seems to be winding down the process. I can no longer use TU to request blobs through Cydia.

The latest version of TU discusses this.

I loaded up tinyumbrella and tried requesting my shsh from cydia. I ended up with iPhone4CDMA 4.2.6 and 4.2.8 shsh files in ~/.shsh. Is it safe to assume then I was able to recover these from cydia and should be good to go in regards to legacy shsh blobs?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
My iphone appears to be having issues. I only have a few patches installed on it and every time I turn it on the radio has crashed and there's "No Service." The only way to fix this is to fully reboot the phone where it works for a bit and then it crashes again. It seems that the crashes happen when I get text messages. Usually one will go through and after that and a little while has passed it crashes out.

Anyone know why this happens? About to just say gently caress it and ditch jailbreaking because this is becoming a major problem. My phone is a CDMA running 4.2.8 with redsn0w.

Edit: actually the only patch I have installed is Manual Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

EC posted:

Assuming you have your SHSH saved, you can manually download a previous ipsw and then use shift-restore to select it.

I saved all my SHSH on my Verizon iPhone and never had issues jumping back from say 4.2.8 to 7 and back to .8. After upgrading to iOS5 my phone gets stuck in a reboot loop if I try to restore any version of iOS4 and the only way to get out is to use the iOS5 image. I've tried recover43 and fix recovery from the redsn0w application in both Windows and OSX.

I am able to get a 4.2.x ipsw to install if I use iReb and restore the jailbroken image, but once booted up I get no signal on my phone and it doesn't show IMEI or ESN. The only way to get a signal is in iOS5. I never saved my baseband because I was on the understanding that keeping it OG was for people that unlocked their phones to use on TMob and the likes, which isn't an issue since this is a Verizon phone and won't be allowed on any other carrier without some majorly illegal poo poo.

Why can't I restore iOS4?

• Locked thread