Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

So as an early gift, my parents gave me an Iphone 3GS since my mom upgraded to the 4s. All I want to do is use my sim card from T-mobile in this sucker so redsn0w is the way to go?

edit: Holy gently caress, not that any of my questions matter cause no I've tried at least 10 times to get the drat phone into DFU mode using various guys on youtube and google.

editedit: gently caress this garbage. It's easier to just transfer my number and get a new sim card. You win AT&T.

Mercedes fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

Man, I wanna be part of the hype! I still haven't gotten this stupid phone to go into DFU mode yet!!! :argh:

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

So I finally Jailbroke my phone! I'm still unable to get my tmobile sim card to work on it. Is there something else I'm missing?

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

randyest posted:

The unlocking part.

Oh! Hah, that's quite an important step I missed in my excitement to have finally jailbroken my drat phone

edit goddamit, is there a way to change the baseband? It's the only thing holding me back!@#

editedit: godfuckingdammit this poo poo. It's impossible to downgrade the baseband. This sucks.

Mercedes fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 15, 2012

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

So I wanted to put some custom ringtones on my iPhone, but the only way that I thought you could was through iTunes. Well my stupid iTunes won't show a ringtone selection anywhere.

If anyone knows of a way to do it without the use of jailbreaking my phone, please tell me!

• Locked thread