Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."

Mister Speaker posted:

Here's a cover of Nine Inch Nails' Every Day Is Exactly The Same that I finished the other day. I've had the instrumental finished for some time and the vocals recorded for almost a year, but never got around to automating the vocal tracks or mixing the thing out of embarrassment, as this is pretty much the first time I've sang my own vocals on something that wasn't drunken karaoke.

Really nice, though I have to ask whether the "day" in the chorus is lower than in the original by design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
That's interesting. I haven't thought someone could be tone-deaf for a single tone in the scale.:v:

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

Video games?"
"Hmm... interesting."
Argh. My bad. Not the "day" but the "is" after it. :) (If I actually put in some effort :ssh:) In the original it goes
code:
e   d  b
day is ex
and Mister Speaker sings
code:
e   b  b
day is ex
Just that. It just bugged me when I listened to it. It doesn't really matter. A cover is supposed not to reproduce the original note for note.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

Video games?"
"Hmm... interesting."
I'm trying to arrange a Doctor Who piece for a single acoustic guitar, and God drat! Althogh most of the previous information is kind of irrelevant. The point is, does anyone have any tips for figuring out symphonic music by ear? I can't find a better way than just randomly strumming chords until one of them fits, and my meager knowledge of music theory is of no use, because when I can figure out the scale, it all fits pretty well, but when there's a transition, that's when it all falls apart. There's lots going on, but for my purposes, is it all over a single chord, or just perfect eighths, or what? In short, very frustrating. Maybe I should learn more music theory?

• Locked thread