Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids
Here's my version of Nightingale by Rocco DeLuca and the Burden:

https://soundcloud.com/eitoat/nightingale

I'm a guitarist, and this is my first recording where I sing and play bass as well. It's also my first time publicly sharing my music, so enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids

nrr posted:

This is beautiful, man. Thanks for introducing me to this song, too! I wasn't familiar with it, but I looked it up to see how faithful your version was and found a couple of live versions. Love what you did with the guitar, nice work.

Thank you my friend, that really means a lot to me. A friend showed me that song years ago and I only now just got around to covering it, even though I learned it the day after hearing it. It's a great song, and he released a new album back in August that I haven't heard yet.

Your voice is awesome, I really liked this.

Lil Miss Clackamas
Jan 25, 2013

ich habe aids

Rasselas posted:

I love that sort of mysterious passion. Rock on.

Thanks for the kind words, I certainly will.

I'm back with another. I bought a Novation Impulse 61 a couple weeks ago, and learned and recorded a very basic cover of "Your Song" in two days. I had the song stuck in my head for weeks and figured the only way to purge it would be to buy a drat keyboard already and learn it. Doing anything beyond a simple rhythm while singing is difficult for me on any instrument, but I've found that holding notes and concentrating on my voice is easier on the piano. There's just something about singing along with a piano that's more serene than with a guitar.

https://soundcloud.com/eitoat/your-song

• Locked thread