Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.
Maybe a little entertainment while we wait?

Johnny Cash version of Sting's I hung my head played on Mandocello and cello. This is unmixed except for some volume. I think i need to isolate the vocals a bit more. Thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.

jryan42988 posted:

Thanks for the feedback, I recorded it mainly out of boredom. I've been working on my voice relentlessly for a while, but haven't really made any progress. I record myself and listen back, sing along to scales, took lessons until they became too expensive. I have a naturally low voice too which doesn't help, especially for pop tunes. I really want to sing, I just don't get how to do it. I'll keep practicing, no idea if I'll ever actually get it though.

Guitar is Am7-Fmaj7#11-Cmaj7 for the verse (instead of Am, F, C).
Am7-Fmaj7#11-Cmaj7-G for the chorus (instead of Am, F, C, G).
It's an awesome chord progression, I was hoping it's airiness would make my voice 'fit' in more.

Life's tough for the deep voiced musician who just wants to cover some maroon 5 (I'm in the same boat). I've found a pretty cool niche with 20th century Irish folk tunes. The best advice I would give myself if I could go back in time is "accept your vocal range. Don't try to learn to sing on songs out of your range.".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa7birRBmNM

If that's too high do it in a different key.

• Locked thread