Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sswanso
Jul 4, 2006

we are social fools
I'm digging the acoustic cover thread, but I wanted to expand into other genres and such.

So, yeah, if you've got any covers you've recorded and would like to share, post 'em here and give feedback to others. Feel free to crosspost any acoustic covers you'd really like to share, too :)

I'll get the ball rolling with my band's very recent cover of "Gates of Steel," originally by Devo (off the Freedom of Choice album). We made it for a fan-produced tribute album that's coming out this August. It's not super different from the original, but we ended up de-emphasizing the synths and giving it even more energy (plus there's an omnichord in there, too).

http://soundcloud.com/sswanso/miniature-colossal-men-gates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sswanso
Jul 4, 2006

we are social fools

Doctor Claw posted:

Is this the "Not Necessarily Beautiful But Mutated" fan comp that they do every year? My band's been on it the last two years! We did "Gates of Steel" last year and "Mongoloid" this year. Are you from Akron/Cleveland?

It is! We're not from Ohio, but we played there at last year's DEVOtional. Which band are you?

• Locked thread