Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Apparently I once got probated for posting a spoiler in this thread.

I can't remember what it was, or why I'd do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I didn't follow this at first but I'm sad to see it go. Here's to posting from the Goldmine.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Thank you for the great thread, and seeing it through to the end.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Happy Landfill posted:

The FFXII one was also a really good thread

Do you have a link to that?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Do you have a link to that?

Here. It requires archives. If you just want to read the LP, it's on the archive here

devildragon777
May 17, 2014

They'd be a lot more scary if they were more than an inch tall each.

This is my first time posting in this thread, but I've been following along since Wall Market. As someone who had never heard of FFVII before this, it was an exciting ride all the way through. Thanks, and good luck on all your future endeavors. :unsmith:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zenintrude posted:

What are the chances of you doing an LP of the remake once it releases?

Pretty high, though if I do it probably won't be a screenshot LP again.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

devildragon777 posted:

This is my first time posting in this thread, but I've been following along since Wall Market. As someone who had never heard of FFVII before this, it was an exciting ride all the way through. Thanks, and good luck on all your future endeavors. :unsmith:

Never having played it is one thing but never having even heard of FFVII is an impressive feat.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Someone going to post an image of the red13 howling at Midgar to close this place off ?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Golbez posted:

Elentor, you presented that with grace and beauty.

I think my comments on the Aeris death scene sum this up nicely. Great job, Elentor!

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

First time posting in the thread, but I really wanted to extend the congratulations. I've been following it since back around the second reactor, and this has been a fantastic LP; entertaining and fun while still diving into mechanics and finer points without getting too dry, on top of the overall effort and polish in each update. FF7 is one of my favorite games, so while the story beats weren't anything new to me (I used to replay this like once a year back in high school), I loved the re-examining of the script from a more mature perspective. It gave me a better appreciation for the game itself and the way you pulled in culturally relevant details, whether Brazilian or Japanese or just 90s artifacts, really added to the overall tone and feel and made it more apparent why this game popped at the time. Or maybe you just set off my nostalgia hardcore with it.

One thing archives won't capture, which is a shame, has been watching people's reactions as this all unfolded. It's been awesome watching haters convert and old players discover new details. If nothing else, the posts from the guy who genuinely didn't know about Aeris should be preserved with it.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Chiming in as another person whose only knowledge of FF7 was "Aeris dies and Cloud is a mopey emo." This LP really highlighted a ton of nuances and really brought home why the game was so well-received.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Thanks for an amazing LP!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Elentor, you are a hero. Thanks very much for creating the best LP on the forums. Hope that your health improves!

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Elentor posted:

Pretty high, though if I do it probably won't be a screenshot LP again.
drat if you did a video LP of something and we get to hear you narrate stuff, I am so sold I don't care what it is.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alright guys, it is time. We had a good run. See you next time!

By the way, I added an Easter Egg to the final image in the Epilogue. Can you find it? :v:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Why isn't this in the archive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

http://lparchive.org/Final-Fantasy-VII/

• Locked thread