Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

If you're going with an "absolutely no spoilers whatsoever" policy, you should probably re-upload the intro video with a different title, different tags, and comments disabled, and keep doing that for all subsequent videos. Otherwise, Youtube hands out a massive spoiler the moment the video ends.

Looking forward to the rest of this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Mr. Stay-Puft posted:

This was less concise than I intended.

That's okay; I was starting to think I would have to read the entire LP again to get a spoiler-free detailed plot recap. You summarized it all very nicely.

I'm holding back from speculating just to be on the safe side, even though I have no idea how the spoiler I read* fits into the plot as we know it. I will say that while having characters who lie/forget/speculate makes the plot seem convoluted as you watch it unfold, it nevertheless makes sense when you look back on it, so far.

CzarChasm posted:

You just gave me an idea for a little bonus that should be added to RPGS. The entire storyline is mapped out with little flag indicators for plot points. If you save (and then quit) after one of these points, the game will perform a (skip-able)recap of the last major event.

Policenauts did this.

* It was in the "Ask Me About Growing Up With a Girl Who Thinks She's Married To Anime Guys" thread. You'd think it would be something about the FF7 house (Google at your own peril), but no. It was basically, "Remember that part in FF7 where [character does a thing]? My crazy ex-roommate made me feel like that all the time." So I know that [character] will [do a thing] and it'll be emotionally resonant (or would have been if it was a surprise :argh:), but I don't know [character]'s motivation or what [doing a thing] accomplishes.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

The potato materia allows the user to generate distressingly persistent memes.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

I'm sorry, I played SimAnt. That motherfucker is not my friend. No. No. No.

In fact, the SimAnt manual was the only place I'd heard of eusocial spiders until now. I was always sort of curious about them, but I knew research would probably lead to pictures and I couldn't handle that.

Elentor, are those things venomous?

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

You're no Dame Shirley Bassey, but that's fine by me. :swoon:

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Geshtal posted:

How does that even work? It connects at the collar and you zip down?

This is one of Tetsuya Nomura's more reserved and practical designs.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

NikkolasKing posted:

Bonus points for the fact the feathers are apparently a part of his head/hair.

Is Gogo's head fringe supposed to be hair (in which case I believe it is the best hair), or is it an accessory?

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Plaid Curd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Elentor posted:

Yea it's a great movie. I was afraid I'd be bored but the movie is just too good.

On the other hand, older movies like Metropolis didn't hold well for me.

Grizlor posted:

I read the first line in your post and was actually about to post "I couldn't get through metropolis" and then I read the 2nd line :downs:

My first exposure to Metropolis was the 145-minute version released in 2010. The original cut was an hour longer than that, but until the discovery of some nearly complete prints in the early 2000's, the only widely distributed version of Metropolis was 80 minutes long. You can imagine how removing 60% of the movie affected the coherency of the plot.

As it stands, Metropolis is full of overacting and overwrought symbolism, naive politics and melodrama. At the same time, it doesn't lag; it feels like a shorter movie than it actually is, and there is always something interesting on the screen. It's not for everybody, but if you're judging it based on the 80-minute version, you owe it to yourself to give the most complete version another look.

• Locked thread