Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
What's the popular opinion for footwear for honduras/belize? Obviously a pair of sandals but I was going to wear running shoes until I realized that khakis and running shoes looks retarded. There's going to be some hiking/walking through the jungle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Sheep-Goats posted:

This is always a problem -- when you want to stay with one pair but have hiking to do too. There are three solutions in my mind:

1) If you're mostly going to be hiking buy a pair of almost totally brown hiking shoes.

2) If you're going on a hiking excursion buy a pair of hiking shoes locally and plan to throw them away after your hike. A bit wasteful, but I'd rather waste 30 bucks than drag an extra pair of shoes around for the whole vacation.

3) Just deal with having two pairs of shoes to hump around. The best you can do here is to bring two our e gallon zip locks and one normal plastic shopping bag. If you get a chance to dry your shoes out after your hike they can be packed away internally in the zip locks. If not, they go in the shopping bag and get tied on to the outside of your pack with the top open as much as you can -- this obviously sucks if you have to be on the move like that for a long time as the bag will bang around, so if that's the case plan to also lash it down with a bit of string or a length of duct tape.

What do you think of these:
http://www.cushe.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/22060M/0/Mens/Baja-Mocc-WP?dimensions=0

edit: VV can do 

MasterBuilder fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 20, 2011

• Locked thread