Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Yeah, I guess peanut butter has that oil, but they're kinda designed to be upright. I can see peanut butter jars leaking when they get squeezed, or you gain/lose enough altitude that there's pressure pushing it out.

The issue with Ziplocs is they're not water proof like that. Not when you're keeping things in. I'm looking for a problem free solution.

I'm going to try the smallest coke bottle I can find and report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Do they work with cooking oil though? I'm being pedantic because one disaster was enough.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

bongwizzard posted:

Find the jars they use to ship medical samples around in? I bet they are as leak-proof as you can get.

Brilliant. Perfect. And I can wierd the gently caress out of fellow campers.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

caberham posted:

Ziplock the liquid and then put it in a thermos?

I don't think you understand how determined vegetable oil is when it comes to escaping containers.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Saladman posted:

I really hope this is a joke, as I've literally never seen a bag get stuck in the baggage claim carousel. Even if that was a thing that ever happened, your entire outside of the bag is the grossest solution in search of a problem I've ever heard. It's like one of those life hacks "use a piece of bacon to keep your toothbrush from falling into the sink".

I was about to lambast you for being a total loving moron but then I remembered it was 2017 and antivax, homeopathy and Trump are things and so who knows what people do anymore.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I spend a fair bit of time in random campsites and sometimes you just don't have anything to use as kindling. Never really used Doritos but I can definitely see a time when I'll end up using them.

But bringing a bag of corn chips specifically to light a fire is dumb as hell.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
If everything is damp, yeah Doritos would be useful. Also if you don't have a hatchet cutting up blocks is a pita.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
You can download entire states worth of google maps data to your phone, it's like 2-400mb. The GPS should work any where in the continental US.

Scource: I just drove through several states, and in some cases didn't have reception for hours at a time, but Google maps worked fine because I downloaded the data.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Dude is going to get lost as poo poo on an interstate. Won't even know there's something wrong until he hits the Darian Gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ServoMST3K posted:

Thanks for the replies folks. I should have clarified I'm taking a flight from Boston to San Diego, so I won't be navigating a bunch of highways and interstates. I'll give waze a shot when I'm over there.

Wait what? Why do you need an app when you're flying? Are you planning on bursting into the cockpit and yelling at the pilot to take a left turn at Albuquerque?

• Locked thread