Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

.Z. posted:

Does anyone have suggestions for a laptop/tablet stand to use on the airplane? Something elevate the screen up to eye level.

I'd say best bet is the bag you brought it in plus something you can stack like books and skymall catalogs. No need to take up space for something you'll use twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

Oh my God do I wish I brought my dad-core sneakers to Europe instead of the Dockers I got. Only once did anybody care, and that was in London and I could easily find another pub.

My achilles crapped out in York and I was limping through the trip for a week. Lake District was a wash because of it.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I got an achilles strain after running to catch a ghost tour in York wearing some Docker Pimlicos. I had been doing half marathons at least everyday for a week at that point and I guess that was the last straw.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

I'm not sure where you're coming from but if you intend to cross deserts to get there, the reception could get spotty. Personally I try to have some kind of notes or maps on paper so if the reception cuts out or the phone dies I have something.

I once had a Garmin. It worked fine but when I went LA to SD, it forgot the 5 existed because of pirated map updates my dad tried to put in, so it was useless I had to fall back on the paper and what I had memorized.

• Locked thread