Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Great thread so far!

I prefer to travel as light as possible as well so this is right up my alley.

A couple of things I try to keep at hand,in addition to what is already mentioned:
Pen + small notepad
A roll of toiletpaper
Small bottle of anti-bac

Nice to have:
Padlock for locking your bag or other stuff, I use one of those TSA-approved combination locks.
Small multitool - you never know when you might it, I have a Leatherman Squirt keychain version.

Simple, but with multiple use-cases is my mantra. :)

nex fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 30, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Quick point about power adapters.

Who haven't bought those lovely adapters that come in multiple parts, cost a poo poo-load and does not convert current? This has always been my bane and I ended up buying a new one at the airport each time I traveled.

That was until I stumbled across a earlier version of this at Walmart:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Adapter-with-USB-Port/10983767

The thing has been with me for the last 3 years and has worked all over the place without a hitch. Cuba, Japan, US, UK, you name it.
This version has USB, which is really nice, I think I might upgrade.

• Locked thread