Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003

NoDamage posted:

I've heard these synthetic shirts can get pretty smelly after a while (even with regular washing), have you had any issues with that during extended travel?

People recommend merino wool shirts because of their odor resistance but 1) they're drat expensive and 2) they don't seem to be that durable.

I brought a few polyester t-shirts when I traveled in Central America and after awhile they smelled awful even with repeated washing. I hear nylon is also a good synthetic fabric that dries really quick - does anyone know if it has the same odor problems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003

Sheep-Goats posted:

How long is a while?

Nylon is a good pant material, but I can't imagine it being comfortable enough for shirts. I've had some of those REI adventures pants for years and they don't smell at all, however if the nylon they're made of were finished or woven or whatever in the way that capilene is then maybe it would.

I noticed the smell after a couple of times of wearing it and washing it. After 2 weeks it became unbearable. I washed it numerous times with warm water + soap (without wearing it) and it did nothing. I just bought a tank top and wore it around instead. This was in Belize and Guatemala so to be fair, all of my clothes got a bit of a moldy smell after awhile.

Jesus Rocket
Apr 25, 2003

Will it spoil me posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Kelty-Redtail-30-COLOR-Daypack/dp/B004CXAN1C/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

I'm thinking about getting one of these for weekend/few days trips into NYC. I bring with me: 3 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of socks, 3 tshirts, a sweater or two, a flannel or a buttondown or two, a pair of jeans, and some pajamas. Plus I would like some extra room for additional poo poo like books or a box of drugs.

A year ago I travel around Asia for 3 weeks with only that pack and now I still use it daily for school. There are barely any signs up wear - it's a really solid pack and I highly recommend it.

• Locked thread