Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

I got a job in consulting and will probably be doing a fair bit of travelling - current project includes 4 week-long trips in 4 different countries - so its time to get some proper luggage.

At the moment I'm looking at B&R's U119CX(Commuter carry-on) and U121CXW (International carry-on

http://www.briggs-riley.com/shop/type/carry-on/baseline-commuter-expandable-upright-u119cx
http://www.briggs-riley.com/baseline-international-carry-on-expandable-wide-body-upright-u121cxw?p=2

If it was for work only (on a typical fly-in Monday and back Friday schedule) the choice would be easy - 4 shirts, 2 trousers, blazer if I didn't want to wear it on the plane, socks, undies, toiletries and a set of workout clothes would fit into the commuter nicely, but if I'm spending that much on a bag I'd like to use it for holidays too.

As it happens, in a couple of months I'll be going to Scandinavia for 18 days, and I'm wondering if the commuter is too small for that kind of trip. Don't know if its normal or not but I don't keep 17 pairs of underwear so a trip to the laundromat would happen at some point during the trip but I'm not one of those ultralight guys who like doing laundry in the bathroom at the end of each day. Think I could squeeze a couple of pants, a weeks worth of socks, tees, undies, an extra pair of shoes and a pair of slippers, a pullover and a hardshell (marmot precip) in the Commuter?

I got a baseline domestic when I started my new gig with a bunch of travel and it's been fantastic - best money I spent. Use it almost exclusively as a carry on too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread