Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonawesome
May 9, 2004
I was just looking for my kitten!
I've found the following things very useful:

1. Quick drying towel. A regular towel is large and heavy, takes a long time to dry, and will likely only be used a handful of times. Spend a bit of money and bring a quick drying towel that folds to the size of a handkerchief and keep it at the bottom of your bag for when you need it.

2. a Sealed Soap dish. You don't want to have to buy a new bar of soap every time you leave the hostal/hotel. Get a sealed dish, and you'll be able to keep your things from getting all soapy in your bag, and will always have soap on the go.

3. Thick Double sealed Ziplock (ziplock brand) freezer bags - You can squeeze out all the air out of these bags, keep your clothes organized, clean and dry and open up more room in your bag if you need it. These were so important and handy for me on my last trip, that I'm bringing a whole box of these with me in my pack, haha. I say get the ziplock brand because of the other no-name/control label stuff I found, none of them were double sealed or lasted as long as the ziplock brand.

4. Rechargeable batteries and charger, I find these to be pretty handy, and help save money. no explaination necessary.

5. Seconding the neck pillow, get an inflatable one if possible, so you're not carrying around a big bulky pillow. will make long rides a loooot easier to sleep on.
http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442635077&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302889490

6. A money belt with inner lining to fold your bills in. This is a third type of money belt not mentioned. It's a lot more hidden, and inconspicuous and most people wouldnt be able to identify it for anything other than a belt unless they saw the inner zipper.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442541169&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302883913

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonawesome
May 9, 2004
I was just looking for my kitten!
Agreed, but it looked like that guy reserved a shitload of space for electronic gear. I mean I didn't seem him pack ANY underwear.

Also a kettlestack? I google searched that and it's like the anti-ultralight. It's basically a collapsible/adjustable kettle bell, which I assume is for workouts on the go.

But those ziplock bags look pimp.

• Locked thread