Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

MasterBuilder posted:

What's the popular opinion for footwear for honduras/belize? Obviously a pair of sandals but I was going to wear running shoes until I realized that khakis and running shoes looks retarded. There's going to be some hiking/walking through the jungle.
OK, this is admittedly terrible, but I had surprisingly good luck in Belize using Tevas with wool socks underneath. The wool cuts down on blisters and provides some protection from insects and plants. Plus it stays warm even when soaked after walking through rivers.

Of course, you are wearing socks with sandals. I did it because I didn't want to get my shoes wet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

her0n posted:

Bit late to the party here, but make sure you weigh your bag too. RyanAir are massive bastards who will try to charge you at every possible opportunity they can. Stay under limit, squish your bag, and you'll be fine.
Heck, even Emirates dinged me on that. They made me weigh my carry-on (Patagonia MLC), it was over 25 lbs (12 kg) and I was forced to check it. 25 lbs is really not that much, it doesn't feel like a heavy bag.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Sheep-Goats posted:

Always have a second grocery bag thing in there, take out your heavier stuff, that's your personal item. You get 10lbs on that usually.

Yeah, the funny thing on that trip was they didn't take a second look at my daypack, which probably had 30 pounds of electronics in it.

• Locked thread