Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

dflanny posted:

But I have though and I can't find anything appealing. Caveat: I live in Tasmania so my choices are more limited. There are plenty of places that sell jeans, cargo pants and dress pants. All the general trousers (or 'slacks') I've seen are rather dad or grandpa-like.

May have to suck it up and get the least dad-like black wool trousers you can find. They may not be slim fit but with some creative tailoring they may not be that bad.

There's always the option of buying when you get to Vietnam, too. A basic black wool should be available from any tailor there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

paberu posted:

I was hoping to find out how tough the tough glove is - i.e. is it going to hold up in humid weather (potentially being socked in rain), and can it handle being bashed around. I've read that the leather is quite thin.

Normally I run in KSOs but if it's raining I go for the Tough Gloves. They're my go to hiking shoes and work great on Utah mountains and Italian cobblestone. Once in a blue moon I put a coat of Pecard's on them but beyond that they've been wonderful. Abuse the hell out of them, they can take it.

Jonny Quest
Nov 11, 2004

Pretty well actually.

These are two years old this fall. So aside from some scruffs on the front they look okay.

Honestly the biggest problem I have is remembering to roll my pants to avoid stepping on the hems--oh, and my wife thinks they're ugly.

• Locked thread