Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

Packing cubes are dividers. You could get two 22 by sevens to split the bag in half vertically, three seven by 14s to make three horizontal compartments, on and on like that. They're often labeled s/m/l but the dimensions should always be on the site somewhere.

If you mean cubes with further internal subdivisions I don't know, but I don't think I've ever seen that.

I have an eagle creek cube that has two compartents, I use one side for clean clothes and put the dirty ones in the other.

http://www.eaglecreek.com/accessories/packing_solutions/Pack-It-2-Sided-Half-Cube-41061/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Rockybar posted:

Can anyone recommend this backpack for a month's travel around New Zealand and then maybe SE Asia or the States? Got to hold the standard fare of clothes and toiletries, and then also Kindle and an iPad mini.

I seem to remember people saying that it is a bad idea to have military style packs/clothes in some parts of the world, not sure if that applies to SE Asia though.

Have you read the OPs? Sheep-Goats gives lots of good advice.

• Locked thread