Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...
I'd add few pairs of underwear and socks too, but who am I to judge, I mean, we're all goons here. :v: But why are you taking both iPad and a laptop with you? I can understand wanting to take a computer with you, but whats the point of taking two of them? Just take one.

caberham posted:

1 or 2 empty suit cases for souvenirs and the I'm trying to fit my clothes into a carry on and considering to buy a red ox shave kit and either the sky train or airboss. Any recommendations?
Come on man, don't take an empty suitcase with you to japan, thats just silly. If you want some extra storage for souvenirs, either buy a cheapo suitcase from there or better yet, just take an empty duffel bag with you. Having to drag some hardshelled suitcase with you everywhere you go will get rather annoying, even if it is empty. Instead just travel with only a single bag. When you land, you can just walk out of the door instead of waiting for your baggage, using public transportation is easy, no more lost baggage or bags arriving on some other flight later.
From the bags you listed, Air Boss is ~35L, Sky Train is ~38L and Aeronaut is around 45L and all of them fit carry-on limits. You'll be wearing jeans and shoes already when you board, laptop counts as a personal item(Why are you taking two computers on a trip? :mad:). I don't know how much all that camera stuff weighs, but looking at youtube they don't take much space. You'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...
Steripen?

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...

LaserWash posted:

Rick steves' convertible carryon: http://goo.gl/kQqqg
It looks like they have oneon clearence for 60 bucks

The ebags Etech convertible: http://goo.gl/YGkBy
60'ish bucks

Since I personally haven't used those bags myself, I'm not gonna comment on them but just run a search for them on One Bag, One World forums. Both bags are covered thoroughly there.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...
eBay or Tom Bihn forums.

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...
They are really heavy. Other than that, they are well made bags.
Also, depending where you are travelling, you might want to avoid looking like you are from military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the heat goes wrong
Dec 31, 2005
I´m watching you...
Whats up with all the people buying special shoes just for walking around? Sidewalk is the same everywhere, no matter if you are walking in your home town or somewhere in Europe.

• Locked thread