Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

I just want to chime in and say those MEI bags in the OP are pretty much the greatest bag ever made. My fiancée and I did an around europe trip in one of those, my backpack, and a wheelie bag for almost three months of travel. We're doing India this summer and I just picked up one of those for me as well.

Good to hear. My wife and I leave for a 3 week Europe trip next month and we bought a couple MEI Executive Overnighters. They seem like great bags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

Movendi posted:

So this is what i'd like to know more about under the one-bag carryon only style of travel. Do you fit the day pack in your travel pack before you depart home? Do you check in your travel pack and carryon your daypack?

Not sure whether I'm doing it right or wrong, but I'm going to be storing my messenger bag inside my carry-on when boarding the flight.

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

FYAD KNIGHT posted:

Just curious, and this is probably a stupid question, but how do people get around the travel bag + day bag shuffle?

This is the main reason I'm keen on the Osprey combo: I can keep everything together easily when going from place to place (on the plane, on the train), without having one on my back and one on my shoulder(and constantly slipping off).

Is there a travelbag/daybag combination out there that is better?

I put my messenger bag in my travel bag whenever I have to carry my travel bag.

Ghumbs
Jan 1, 2006

Mr.AARP posted:

Can anyone recommend me a backpack for hostelling around Europe that is within Easyjet's 56x45x25cm size requirement? We're bringing a separate suitcase for hold luggage, so I need something that will be allowed as a carry on.

A year ago my wife and I spent 3 weeks in Europe. We both had the MEI Executive Overnighter and they worked out great. We didn't check any luggage and you probably shouldn't either.

• Locked thread