Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:
I taught myself circular breathing on the Didgeridoo if anyone has any questions on that. I'm not a pro but just learned it quick and it's really not hard as some make it out to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cleaner
Jul 18, 2008

I WILL DEVOUR YOUR BALLS!
:quagmire:

squeakygeek posted:

How about the didjeridoo? I picked one up in Australia a few years ago and figured out the circular breathing but haven't done much with it since.

Well I'm in the same boat you are. I'd say most people are, as it's a fairly hard instrument to add to a jam/garage band sort of thing. The only two things I'd say you might look into if you're very into playing it yet at a standstill and don't feel like sitting on a street corner droning for change...

1. Beat boxing while playing it. I don't do it myself but there's lots of vids of people literally beat-boxing into it as they play. It can sound cool but it often sounds mediocre if your not already heavily experienced at beat-boxing.

2. Modding it. Adding a small mic at the end and installing FX processing and knobs directly on it like one YouTube guy did. Very cool but also kinda complex. Purists will probably scoff at this but it can sound really otherworldly.

3. Playing to trace/techno beats. You have to be GOOD to do this and not sound terrible. But much like the videos out there, once you get experience it can sound really incredible. You need to be able to play fast, circular breathe fast, and have good lung capacity.

Hope that at least inspires some interest. Most people I know, including myself, are stuck in that rut. I mean, it's kind of a one-note instrument and hard to play in a band but there are some cool things people are doing with it.

The Cleaner fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jun 6, 2011

• Locked thread