Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Bought myself a Seagull M4 (merlin) dulcitar thingmajiggy. We'll see if it works out better than guitar. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
My Merlin/M4 is proving to be super fun to noodle around on and way more intuitive than guitar, but it's also kinda making me wish I'd bought a mandolin because learning songs by ear via watching people play on YouTube is incredibly incredibly hard.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
With how much I adore the sound of the bottom dual mandolin-type strings on this, I'll probably grab an S8 for my birthday next year.

Not that the Merlin isn't awesome, it's so so easy to just pick it up and throw together a tune out of nothing. Feels like cheating as an instrument, really. I'm trying to learn some jigs and reels now, I feel like that's where this will really shine.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
GDGG. I wanted something portable, super simple, and with high novelty factor. So far it delivers on all fronts.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Pham Nuwen posted:

Please refer to my avatar for an excellent mandolin book recommendation.

That is an amazing av/username combo. :allears:

• Locked thread